To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wilkes-Barre, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Care Specialist
Navient • Wilkes-Barre, PA
Posted 1 month ago
We are committed to providing expert guidance to our clients and customers on their journey to financial success! Navient team members bring passion, commitment, and integrity to our business. We drive results and foster the innovation that makes us an industry leader. Choose Navient as the next step in your career! Be proud of where you work, be proud of your career - join Navient!
Join our team as a Customer Care Specialist! Start in our June 3rd class!
Customer Care Specialist is responsible for providing quality customer service and account resolution to customers, endorsers, and co-makers via incoming or outgoing phone calls. This position may also utilize approved resources and internet sites to obtain location/contact information for consumers. A goal of the specialist is to answer inquiries from customers, reduce delinquency, secure payments, and counsel customers on available repayment options and deferment options.
As a Customer Care Specialist, the pay is $12.00/hr plus monthly bonus of $500 for the first 3 months with incentive opportunities in future months. Benefits starting the 1st of the month after you are hired! Some of which include:
- Eligibility for monthly performance bonus
- 3 weeks of PTO (increases to 4 weeks after just 1 year of service)
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K (plus employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-Site Fitness Center
- Business casual environment
- On-site game room
- Six months to one year customer service or collections experience or 2 year or 4 year degree.
- Training is Monday,Tuesday & Friday 8:30-5:00 and Wednesday-Thursday 12:30-9:00pm. After training, the 2 shift options are Monday,Tuesday & Friday 8:30-5:00, Wednesday-Thursday 12:30-9:00pm with one Saturday a month (8-Noon) OR Monday-Friday, 12:30-9pm with a 15% shift differential.
- Must have excellent PC skills and ability to operate in a business environment
- Ability to handle high volume of calls in a stressful, fast paced environment.
- Must communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to listen and 'hear' the customer's concern so that the appropriate response is given.
- Demonstrated ability to perform mathematical calculations in order to determine proper delinquency of loans utilizing last payment dates, monthly payment amounts, interest rates and payments received.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional conduct in a business environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, people, and results oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal communications skills, including the ability to express complex concepts clearly and concisely using proper grammar.
- Ability to handle difficult or irate customers professionally and calmly.
- Effective listening and negotiation skills.
- Well-organized with ability to set and execute on priorities.
- Excellent typing skills and knowledge of PC applications with ability to work with multiple screens and interfaces.
- Ability be flexible with scheduled work hours.
- Must develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of student loan servicing processing.
- Position requires extensive use of computer.
- Ability to sit in one place for long periods of time.
- Must be able to obtain 5C level security clearance (facilitated during new hire process)
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S.citizenship.
- Student lending, banking, or financial aid
- Call center experience a plus