To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
881 69th Avenue
Oakland, CA 94621
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Maintenance Tech
Related Management Company • Oakland, CA
Posted 11 hours ago
- Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector.
- Over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
- In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts
Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation
Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions
Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid
Other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
- Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants.
- Given our 45 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena
Related Management is currently seeking a highly experienced Maintenance Tech with a strong background in affordable residential building. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for common area and apartment repairs in the scope of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and appliances. Further oversight of the building’s curb appeal through building exterior inspections and grounds maintenance is required. Customer service and attention to detail are critical skills to ensure the satisfaction of the community’s residents.
Location: Oakland, CA
- Performing overall maintenance, including apartment turns.
- Electrical repairs and/or replacing items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, and circuit breakers.
- Plumbing repairs such as replacing fittings, cleaning stoppages, replacing faucets, and garbage disposals
- Carpentry work such as replacing window screens, doors, door locks, cabinet drawers adjustment.
- Purchasing and inventory of materials and record keeping.
- Preventive maintenance as needed.
- Grounds keeping and some janitorial work.
- Other tasks such as: deliver notices to residents, conduct inspections and or other projects as assigned by property manager.
Key skill set:
- Communication and customer service skills
- Routine maintenance skills
- Stress Tolerance
- Conflict Management
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Previous maintenance experience in various maintenance areas including: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and general building operations.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Must be service oriented.
- General computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Specific licenses and/or certifications may be required
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Experience working with REAC (Real Estate Assessment Center)
- MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer