To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
149 Homanit Usa Road
Mount Gilead, NC 27306
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
LEAD MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - MT GILEAD, NC - 12 HOUR NIGHTS
Mohawk (Manufacturing) • Mount Gilead, NC
Posted 19 days ago
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
7:00 PM - 7:00 AMResponsibilities
Provide the leadership to safely direct and coordinate the activities of maintenance crews, to maintain manufacturing operations at optimal efficiency at the lowest possible cost. These activities include repair, preventive and predictive maintenance, alterations, improvements and protection of all company assets to ensure economical and continuous operations. Create and maintain a harmonious relationship between self and others.
Handles self and situations in an orderly and professional manner. Will be a working lead person.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of maintenance personnel to ensure safe, reliable plant operations.
- Responsible for the safety and work effectiveness of fellow workers
- Make good \u201cSAFE\u201d, sound decisions.
- Must be able to direct people effectively and promote a positive attitude
- Assume a personal ownership role and the responsibility, as part of Mohawk MDF Facility. Show support for all management decisions with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to organize work flow and coordinate several jobs to simultaneous completion
- Complete all paperwork at each shifts end
- Perform other duties as assigned by Maintenance Superintendent
- Keeps Maintenance Superintendent, maintenance staff and production persons informed of all activities.
- Ensure an ongoing review of mechanical systems to maintain a high standard of reliability and production operations.
- Performs \u201chands\u201d on maintenance and directs others performing maintenance. Performs visual inspections and PM’s. Directs others performing same. Continually search for ways to improve P.M. programs. Works well with Industrial Reliability Engineer and Scheduling Department.
- Delegate authority and responsibility to team members. (Accountability to follow)
- Issue Hot Work Permits according to prescribed procedures.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in all areas.
- Encourage team members to look for, plan and develop new ideas that will improve safety, operations and or reduce costs.
- Responsible for good routine communications and flow of information to team members.
- Provide an atmosphere for teamwork and maintain a harmonious working relationship with maintenance staff, peers and other departments.
- Keeps all equipment operating safely, in a good state of repair and operating efficiency.
- Maintains a goal for minimum uptime for facility to be no less than 96%.
- Assure compliance with schedules. Checks progress, quality and quantity of work.
- Make certain all team members do their jobs safely and perform all assigned duties.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance on operational problems. Answer all requests for maintenance courteously and promptly.
- Maintain a good line of communication with production and maintenance personnel in all plant areas to affect a clear understanding of the maintenance and performance requirements within each production department.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years minimum experience as a maintenance technician or equivalent experience and three years experience on site.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of all aspects of maintenance. Must have strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to climb vertical ladders, multiple flights of stairs and work off elevated surfaces.
- Must not have any limitations in regards to working in confined spaces or wearing a respirator for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear hearing protection, eye protection, and steel toe shoes.
- Must be able to kneel and bend over frequently.
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.