Ocean Import Coordinator | Jersey City, NJ | req53562
• Adhere to Kuehne + Nagel policy and procedures and ensure that all work is carried out to pre set service levels
• Disciplined and professional attitude must be displayed at all times
• All communications via telephone, e mail, Facsimile etc. are to handled in a professional manner, as this reflects our company
• Ensure all areas of Finance (Vendor Invoices, Clearing Invoices, FSL) are handled/maintained to a 1st class standard and all queries are addressed and resolved as soon as possible
• Maximize profitability on all files handled as well as to be cost conscious at all times
• Credit check all files according to Kuehne + Nagel policy and escalate irregularities where appropriate
• Ensure all filing, both physical and electronic, is done regularly, tidily and accurately
• Clear desk policy must be adhered to at all times, without exception
• All correspondence, relevant to a specific job file, must be kept in the job file at all times
• All actions must be recorded on the job files
• All accreditations i.e.: ISO9001(Quality), have to be adhered to at all times
• To build close, strong relationships with all our Customers, Kuehne + Nagel offices, Overseas agents and Service providers
• To identify areas of our business which require improvements i.e.: operational processes, cost control, customer service, attention to detail and work with your colleagues to resolve accordingly
• Provide 1st class customer service as well as pay attention to detail at all times
• Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your supervisor/manager
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• Candidates should have 3 years freight forwarding experience, ideally in Sea Imports
• Knowledge of Kuehne + Nagel in-house systems (CIEL, ACON, KNLogin) an advantage
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• To be prepared to learn all aspects of the team’s work with desire and ability to provide cover and assistance on a regular basis
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately
• Excellent communication skills
• Customer focus with proactive attitude
• Candidate should process a desire to progress within the team demonstrating the ability to take on more responsibility in time.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Hardworking And Dedicated