Job ID: 401199
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Partnering with the President and the company leadership team to develop a strategic Environmental Health & Safety program that achieves world-class environmental and safety results. The company EH&S Manager will also help implement procedures and programs to minimize environmental, health, and safety (EHS) risks and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements by performing the following duties:
- Develop both a short term and long term environmental and safety strategy that drives significant positive cultural change
- Manage environmental project activities including, scheduling, tracking, and planning for environmental assessments, site investigations, feasibility studies, and remedial action plans
- Provide guidance and technical expertise on requirements of EH&S regulations, keeping management informed of legislative updates and the necessary actions to remain compliant including potential impacts of pending rules
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all Corporate EH&S policies
- Drives continuous improvement in EH&S activities, programs, behaviors, and culture to reduce risk
- Drive the Oldcastle site-wide process to identify risks, actions being taken to reduce the risks
- Identification of trends in incidents and near miss reports and ensures actions are completed to address root causes in a cost effective and timely manner
- Identify and or conduct EH&S related training to improve site EH&S performance
- Interprets data and observations to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry guidelines and advises management accordingly
- Participate in workers' compensation claims with Management, HR, and carriers
- Negotiate settlements of all citations and responses to OSHA and environmental compliance issues
- Develop and implement sampling and monitoring plans which may include installing, operating, and maintaining equipment that monitor air, land, and/or water pollution levels
- Work with Maintenance, Engineering, and any other related department on equipment guarding, design, installation, and compliance
- Develop strategies to obtain environmental operating permits for new installations and modifications to existing installations
- Prepares and submits to the relevant regulatory agencies permit applications to obtain operating permits for new installations and modifications to existing permits
- Evaluate current and proposed codes, standards, regulations, and guidelines to determine the impact on current and future programs and activities
- Coordinates professional development opportunities for Plant Managers, General Managers, and EH&S Coordinators
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred in Science field, plus 5+ years related experience and/or training in related functions; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Must have ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Proficient in MS Office suite, web-based data management tools, and Internet applications
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- May require traveling up to 75% of the time
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to EH&S Manager - Charlotte, NC.
- Business Process Improvement
- Claim Processing
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Data Management