JOIN OUR FAMILY!
Are you looking to be a part of a hospital team that feels like family, while having the support and resources to push your career forward? If so, we would love to connect with you! VCA PetCare West Veterinary Hospital is seeking a Credentialed Veterinary Technician to join our one-of-a-kind 8-doctor General Practice! This candidate must be passionate about high-quality veterinary medicine and patient care—with the expertise and technical know-how to make them happen. We are seeking someone who can integrate into a collaborative hospital that provides high-quality medicine while maintaining our focus on work-life balance.
Location: 1370 Fulton Rd in Santa Rosa, CA, just before the intersection of Fulton and Guerneville Roads.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Veterinary Technician - VCA PetCare West Veterinary Hospital />Could this be you?
As a member of the VCA PetCare West team, your mission will be to get to know our Sonoma County clients and their beloved pets —by delivering an outstanding client experience—and enjoy watching their pets grow as we continue to build that relationship over the years. We are looking for someone who has either just begun their journey within the veterinary field or someone who has enjoyed it for years (credentialed or not). Someone who is passionate about using the knowledge they have and continuing to expand on it in order to better serve the community. Our technical team is staffed with a high ratio of experienced RVT’s as well as experienced veterinary assistants. The ideal candidate will practice high-quality medicine, possess excellent communication skills, and be service-oriented. VCA PetCare West values its family-like culture and places an emphasis on teamwork.
Are you new to Sonoma County? There are still so many parts of California yet to be discovered – and Santa Rosa is one such place. There is much to see, do, eat, drink, hike, and explore within Sonoma County. Take a typical day….Have a quick breakfast at a funky downtown coffee shop. Once you are fueled up, take a bike ride through a vineyard or the redwoods to the coast. Come back downtown to quench your thirst with one of our world-famous local beers, and dine on fresh, Sonoma-grown food or enjoy wine from one of our numerous world-renowned Sonoma County Wineries. Outdoor activities abound in this area – with picturesque wine country and rugged, beautiful beaches just a short drive away. Santa Rosa is a thriving community – with a proximity to the big city-life of San Francisco, while still maintaining a small-town feeling. Santa Rosa is truly one of the most desirable places to live in California.
Tend to the welfare of patients, provide nursing care appropriate to their level of training, and assist doctors and other nurses in performing their jobs. Communicate with clients regarding the status of their pets.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess above average: client service, phone, communication, and computer skills.
- Must possess nursing skills relevant to the level of nursing care assigned
- Must be friendly, outgoing, “people-oriented” and possess the ability to work in a team-focused environment.
- Must be well organized, and detail-oriented.
- Must be well-groomed and present themselves in a professional manner
- Must have the ability to take direction well.
- Must have excellent written communication skills including punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
- Must be able to handle money accurately.
- Must possess sound decision-making skills and multi-task while working in an environment with stress.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. several times per day
- Must be able to lift, support, transport, manipulate and hold up to 25 lbs. alone, several times per day.
- Must be able to pull or manipulate small and large animals out of crates and cages several times per day
- Must be able to walk, bend, stand, reach, squat, and balance constantly throughout a minimum 10 hour day.
- Must be able to manipulate small instruments and equipment and use fine motor skills throughout a minimum 10 hour day
- Must be able to use a keyboard on a regular basis during a minimum 10 hour day (typing for up to 5 minutes, in 15-minute increments)
- Must be able to use a telephone handset regularly during a minimum 10 hour day
- Visual acuity sufficient to maintain accurate medical records
- Recognize people and understand written directions
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand the information in person and over the telephone.
- Must be able to work long or irregular hours under pressure conditions
- Dependable attendance is required
- Prescribed medication must not impair function or ability to fulfill the requirements of the job
Education and Experience
High school diploma. Must have experience working with the public. Veterinary Technician license must be current and up to date.
The following is a list of essential job requirements. This list may be revised at any time and additional duties not listed here may be assigned as needed. Job functions and job responsibility include:
- Have a focus on meeting the needs of the veterinarians on duty
- Must work with a sense of urgency and prioritize assignments based on patient, client, and doctor need
- Work in a pro-active manner anticipating the needs of the veterinarian
- Ensure that all charges are accurately entered into the computer in a timely manner
- All requirements and tasks as outlined in department/position job description addendum
- Greet clients and pets by name and with a smile immediately upon meeting. Introduce self, using your first name
- Have an empathetic approach to clients with the ability to situationally adjust demeanor
- Go out of your way to facilitate the needs of the client, striving to exceed expectations
- Telephone skills: understand and use excellent telephone etiquette
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts, and more!