Only Those with a Passion to Change Lives Qualify.
At Southern Careers Institute (SCI), the core of what we do is passion. We're passionate about putting our students first to help improve their lives through education and career training. It's this passion that drives everything we do, and if you feel you have it burning in your belly, we want to talk.
Instructors - Business Accounting Specialist
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
Are you driven by the challenge of exceeding expectations and goals? Are you passionate about improving people's lives?
Southern Careers Institute, one of Texas' leading vocational educational institutions, is seeking experienced professionals to teach in its programs. Part-Time, Days/Evenings available.
As an Instructor, you will have the opportunity to positively impact students' lives by passing on your knowledge and experience.
What you can expect when joining SCI:
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrates and applies a thorough and accurate knowledge of the teaching field and discipline;
- Plans and organizes instruction in ways which maximize student learning. Practice excellence in teaching and instruction;
- Modifies instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse students' needs;
- Prepare lesson plans and teach course as prescribed by the approved institutional curriculum;
- Encourages the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments.
Successful candidates will have:
Business Accounting Program Instructors
- Experience with Quickbooks, Sage 50, and Office Procedures; Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Prior post-secondary related teaching experience of at least 1 year in subject matter is highly preferred;
- A bachelor's degree is required for faculty members teaching business and business administration courses. If the bachelor's degree is not in the assigned teaching field, at least two years of related work experience or evidence of specialized training or competency in the assigned teaching field is required;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, now and we're just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.
Microsoft Power Point
Sensitive Compartmented Information (Sci Clearance)