To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Aurora, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Food Scientist
OSI Group • Aurora, IL
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The OSI Group is a results-oriented global company where highly talented, motivated, "can-do" people work together to deliver value for our customers. Our success is built on a foundation of partnership with our customers, suppliers and employees and is what sets us apart. At OSI you will be challenged to solve problems and drive improvements that will help grow our business.
Sr. Product Development Manager-Job Summary
In this key role, you will be responsible for supporting the organization’s product development strategy by managing all phases of product development projects for key customer accounts. We will rely on your expertise in the beef and pork category to provide ingredient, processing, and related technical knowledge to support innovative solutions to meet customer needs.
Responsible for supporting the organization’s product development strategy by managing all phases of product development projects as assigned. Provide ingredient, processing, and related technical knowledge to support innovative solutions to known and anticipated customer needs.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and lead new product development projects through product development process.
- Identifies opportunities to drive top line business growth via new and improved technologies, processes or ingredients.
- Teams with other cross functional departments (Sales, Manufacturing, Culinary, Engineering, Quality, Process Control etc.) to provide technical leadership and support as a member of Product/Project Team.
- Provides technical and scientific expertise to other R&D members, in the hands - on development of quality improvement, ingredient substitution, line extensions, new products and any applied technology.
- Performs product development in bench, pilot and plant operations levels meeting the product development needs of the projects.
- Provides technical guidance and solutions during cross functional team meetings bringing projects to commercialization.
- Pro-actively recommends new concepts or prototypes in line with latest product trends.
- Provides reports to business teams regarding both tactical plans and achievements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Meat Science, Food Science, or related field of study.
- Seven or more years of experience commercializing beef, chicken and pork products.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects..
- Ability to work collaboratively with others at different levels of the organization and across recognized functions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, to influence business decisions.
- Strong practical knowledge of meat and non-meat ingredients, their functionality, product formulas, processing and manufacturing.
- Familiar with in USDA/FDA regulations and standards. Experience with New Product Development Processes and Protocols.
- Demonstrated creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work successfully independently and under limited supervision..
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Proficient in on-line work systems and product development software tools.
- May require traveling up to 30% of time.
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.