Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
This faciity is not climate controlled.
Both day and night shifts are available
Work hours: 7:20pm - 7:30am
7:20am - 7:30pm
Working 4 days or nights per rotating cycle
Pay: $11.87/hr plus $1.00/hr night shift differential (if working night shift)
Duties and Responsibilities
This faciity is not climate controlled.
Duties and responsibilities
- Performs typical machine shop and mold press operations to support the Assembly Department
- Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, manufacturing drawings and/or simple CAD functions, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
- Accurately record number of parts produced both good parts and scrap part
- Utilize hand held tools such as a hand held screw drivers and drill guns
- Maintain inventory of product in work stations
- Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards
- Identify product defects and report to the Team Lead/Supervisor
- Operate functional area equipment in a safe and efficient manner to produce quality parts to meet customer demands
- Maintain safety, quality, productivity and housekeeping standards as required
- Maintain accurate and timely data records as assigned by functional area
- Recognize and report any safety problems, hazards, accidents, and incidents to management
- Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately
- Accurately record number of parts produced both good parts and scrap parts
- Accomplish other job related functions as may be assigned by Supervisor
Skills and Experience
- Regularly perform repetitive tasks
- Regularly lift 30-50 pounds
- Regularly possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately
- May work on special assignments and projects as assigned by Supervisor
- Understanding and experience dealing with MSDS and handling of hazardous material
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve simple quality product issues
- Work alone or closely with others
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend for extended periods of time
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)