Consider a career in a state-of-the-art Urgent Care & Occupational Medicine facility with a team of highly trained staff, no call or late nights that also offers you the opportunity to advance your career within a highly respected practice!
As the Midwest Leader in Urgent Care with over 40 clinics in Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin, Physicians Immediate Care is actively seeking experienced Physician Assistants that will provide compassionate and high-quality treatment for both urgent care and occupational medicine patients.
Despite this unfortunate pandemic, we have continued to experience growth and opened several new clinics throughout the Midwest without furloughing any of our team. We have also heavily invested in implementing additional safety precautions for our team and patients' health and well-being during our expansion in the Midwest market.
Physicians Immediate Care is an organization that puts patients first with our Care From The Heart approach. We treat patients on-the-spot, ensuring they will not have to make another trip, wait in another line, or pay multiple co-pays. Our clinics feature full radiology suites, we perform CLIA waived labs onsite, and have fully functional procedure rooms to routinely treat patients of all ages with infections, lacerations, sprains, and fractures. If you love procedures, y ou have come to the right place!
Our patients know we don't just triage and refer, we treat complex illnesses and injuries. Our goal is to be the one stop provider for many of our patients. From strep throat to fractures to two layer laceration repairs we teach and encourage the skills needed for you to succeed. As a Physician Assistant you will perform procedures such as digital blocks, nerve blocks, minor outpatient surgical procedures such as extensor tendon repairs, wound closure and management, incision and drainage, punch biopsy, aspirations and joint injections, closed reductions of fractures and dislocations, as well as applications of splints and casts. You will remove corneal foreign bodies and corneal rust rings. This is only a sample of the procedures you'll be able to do. We also offer onsite training, an abundance of online courses, learning materials, and fantastic employee benefits such as:
- Extremely competitive salary plus bonus
- Licensure & Professional dues reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible scheduling
- Travel stipends
- Full malpractice insurance
- 401K Plan with Match
- In-House Medical Care
- STD & LTD & Life Insurance
To name a few!
A remarkable Physician Assistant will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively and courteously interact with patients, families, clients, and co-workers. We require all of our Providers to be proficient with computers and have some experience with Electronic Medical Records systems. Finally, we seek a Physician Assistant who can adapt to the ever-changing patient flow while providing excellent care. A few formalities we need from our candidates:
And a few extras that will put you at the top of our list:
- A Master's Degree and certification by a Physician Assistant certifying entity
- An active DEA license with no restrictions
- A current license to practice medicine in the state of IL and IL Controlled Substance License
- At least 2+ years of emergency medicine or 3+ years' experience in high volume urgent care, which includes the ability to manage adult and pediatric patients
- Knowledge of basic ER, internal medicine, generalist, occupational medicine, and family practice procedures
- Ability to use the necessary equipment such as the nebulizer, EKG machine, etc.
- Ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements
- Ability to lift 50lbs
Please Note: If you are a New Graduate Nurse Practitioner or have less than the required clinical experience as a licensed Nurse Practitioner outside of student clinical rotations, please apply to our Fellowship Program.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Emergency Medicine
- Fine Motor Skills