ECS is seeking a Mid-Level Windows Systems Administrator (TS Cleared, DHS Suitability eligible) to work in our Ballston, VA office.
ECS is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator, to support the operations and maintenance of a web-based COTS application, deployed at a Federal Agency. This individual will work with minimal supervision to provide hands-on administration and operation of this application, including semi-annual product upgrades and routine systems patching. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to proactively monitor system components to assess and improve system performance, including the ingest of large datasets on a daily basis.
This individual will also be required to perform the following tasks:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose system issues to provide rapid remediation.
- Routinely interact with government stakeholders to communicate status, issues and progress.
- Perform 'Tier 2' helpdesk activities for system issues reported, and support the remediation of escalated / triaged issues
- Update documentation to satisfy government deliverables and reference materials
- Support continuous security monitoring, including participation in activities for the sustainment of a federal authority to operate (ATO)
- Identify areas of potential efficiency improvement to include the development of automated routines
- Troubleshoot network connections and performance degradation
- Engage in actively learning, deploying, and maintaining new technologies
- Must be a US Citizen, must have an active TS Clearance and be able to obtain DHS Suitability.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree
- 2+ Years administering / troubleshooting 'N' tier web applications to include DB Servers, Services Servers, and Web Servers in a Windows environment.
- 2+ Years MS SQL Database Management
- 2+ Years managing the deployment, maintenance and operations of web-based systems in a windows environment
- Experience supporting web-based systems performance analysis and optimization
- 2+ Years network administration and troubleshooting
- Firm understanding of internet messaging concepts
- Firm understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) concepts
- Demonstrated ability to apply an understanding of systems administration and operations to proactively identify and remediate day-to-day technical and operational challenges
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to interact with customer stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Experience troubleshooting messaging queuing technologies, esp. RabbitMQ
- Strong understanding of network engineering tools, techniques, and best practices. Experience troubleshooting connectivity issues across all layers of the TCP/IP stack.
- Experience working with Archer GRC
- Experience working as a Cyber Security professional
- Experience supporting federal Risk Management Assessments
- Experience supporting routing troubleshooting and analysis, as a helpdesk engineer for a web-based windows application
- Solid understanding of Systems Architecture and component integration concepts
- Security+ Certification
- DHS Suitability
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2003