1. Ensures that monthly financial statements are completed timely and accurately.
2. Ensures that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and in compliance with Acadia policies and standards and that any outstanding variances are identified and corrected timely.
3. Prepares corporate required reports (including the Monthly Operating Report, Monthly Certifications, Corporate Disclosures, and Forecasts) timely and accurately.
4. Ensures all Acadia accounting and business office policies and required internal controls are in place to facilitate a clean audit with no material audit adjustments or deficiencies found. Ensures that all approval processes are in place.
5. Directs the operations of the Revenue Cycle to ensure that accounts receivable are collected timely and uncompensated care is kept to a minimum. Strives to achieve goals for cash collections and AR days and to reduce bad debt and denials. Routinely reviews revenue cycle metrics to proactively identify and address issues affecting overall performance.
6. Is actively involved in ensuring Front End Revenue Cycle processes are in place including ensuring the insurance verification is completed on 100% of patients, working with the Financial Counselor to ensure proper determination of patient portions and approval of any discounts or charity and proper logging of upfront collections.
7. Maintains a thorough working knowledge of federal, state and managed care reimbursement methodologies to ensure that the facility is paid accurately and revenue deductions are recorded accurately. Facilitates preparation of any required cost reports.
8. Supervises Accounting, Patient Accounting, Health Information Management, Materials Management and other departments assigned by the CEO. Ensures departments are adequately staffed and trained.
9. Ensures compliance with Group Purchasing contract and monitors purchases to ensure supply costs are kept to budgeted levels.
10. Prepares annual operating budget and participates in the annual strategic planning process which serves as a basis for the budget. Provides ongoing analysis of variances from budget and assists the CEO in implementing changes needed to achieve budget goals.
11. Prepares annual capital budgets and Capital Equipment Requests. Ensures assets and related depreciation is recorded accurately and in compliance with Acadia policies.
12. Provides financial leadership and guidance to facility managers. Trains managers on financial matters and provides routine feedback regarding department performance.
13. Provides financial expertise in planning new services including preparation of pro-formas.
14. Works as a partner with the CEO and ensures that there is an open line of communication and positive interaction.
15. Provides guidance and assists the CEO in ensuring facility is staffed appropriately and that productivity goals are met.
16. Participates with managed care contracting and other business development activities to ensure net revenue maximization.
17. Responsible for approving all computer access privileges (SAF’s) and ensuring that access is terminated for employees that have been terminated.
18. Maintains a current knowledge of healthcare industry trends and changes and ensures the facility is prepared and compliant.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related field with major in Accounting.
• Minimum 3 years successful CFO experience in a healthcare setting required or completion of Acadia CFO in Training Program.
• Previous Behavioral healthcare experience highly preferred.
• Previous experience with a proprietary healthcare system highly preferred.
• CPA or Master’s degree a plus.
• Proven financial analysis skills.
• Experience working with information technology and proficiency with software packages including Excel and Word.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team with various levels of experience. Experience hiring, holding staff accountable to expectations and administering corrective action when necessary.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to think strategically and solve problems.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with facility staff, physicians and corporate staff.
• Ability to lead with a high degree of emotional intelligence and ethics.
• Ability to work professionally with sensitive, proprietary data & information while maintaining confidentiality.
• Exercises sound judgment in responding to inquiries; understands when to route inquiries to next level.
• Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously within inflexible time frames. Ability to adapt to frequent priority changes.
• Capable of working within established policies, procedures and practices prescribed by the organization.
• Knowledge of office administration procedures with the ability to operate most standard office equipment.
• English sufficient to provide and receive instructions/directions.