Assist in process for coating / impregnation of wound stators, armatures and coils with epoxies, resins and varnishes.
Completed armature assemblies; completed wound stator assemblies; wound coils assemblies; rotor and shaft assemblies.
- Follow a variety of written and verbal instructions and procedures.
- Prepare parts and components for coating operations cycle, where epoxies and varnishes may be used. Preparation may include:
- Setting up fixtures for handling parts.
- Taping off areas that do not receive coating.
- Dip, impregnate and bake components and parts.
- Clean up excess epoxies and varnish after final procedure.
- Note and record temperatures, times and pressures of dip tanks and ovens.
- Ensures that finished products meet specifications and are moved to the next position in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Job requires standing and moving of parts in manufacturing environment. Since overhead cranes are available in all work areas, Attendant is not required to lift more than 50 pounds. Can be exposed to heat, vapors from epoxies and resins and dust from cleaning of impregnated components. Respirator testing is required of persons working in this area.
Environmental / Safety Issues
Keeps work area clean and free of scrap materials. Keeps satellite storage area container securely closed when not under operator’s control. Follows all safety rules applicable to machines and equipment as stated on posted signs and in Company policy.
Cross trains on other operations associated with VPI and impregnation, as well as any other relevant skills as directed by the supervisor or job leader.
Individual in this position is required to attend respirator training. The individual is also required to participate in: 5S, Continuous Improvement, On-Time Delivery, Routine Total Preventative Maintenance and the submission of Improvement Ideas.
Education / Certification
High school graduate with minimum of two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing environment.