Local Unit & Position Description
Do you want to be a part of an innovative and high-performing team?
By joining DNV's Wind Energy Assessment Team as a Senior Wind Energy Analyst, you will be a part of a data-driven organization, providing wind resource and energy assessment services for utility-scale onshore and offshore wind projects across North America.
Why should you work with us?
Because within DNV, organizational culture and how we collectively influence the world for future generations matters deeply to us. Our team works every day to increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society; endeavors to achieve our purpose through the success of our customers; and strives to be high-performing and innovative. Our approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
This position may be based in any of our Renewables Advisory DNV North American offices; however, candidates located in or willing to relocate to the following places will be given preference: Portland, OR, San Diego, CA, Medford (Boston), MA, Seattle, WA, Austin, TX, Katy (Houston), TX, and Oak Brook (Chicago), IL.
What You'll Do:
Conduct long-term wind resource and energy production assessments analyzing wind and other climatic data, inspecting sites and measurement equipment, performing wind flow modeling, predicting wind farm energy production, and conducting statistical uncertainty analyses, and conduct site conditions analysis for turbine suitability
Ensure deliverable quality according to DNV's standards: As one of the Senior Wind Energy Analysts on the Wind Energy Assessment team you will be engaged in writing complex and highly technical reports, consulting with team members about appropriate assumptions during technical analysis and reviewing energy assessments and other technical reports
Be a part of a trusted and independent data-driven culture: Work with DNV's team of analysts to ensure that the latest technology and methods are implemented; give internal presentations and trainings on relevant methodologies; assist in the growth and development of the team by taking initiatives; collaborate with the team in tasks to support thought leadership and conference preparation activities such as providing inputs and coordinating research and development activities
What Is Required
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant engineering, atmospheric science, or mathematics field. Advanced degree a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience performing a similar role
- Comprehensive understanding of wind flow principles, wind energy industry measurement techniques and standards and wind turbine generators
- Aptitude in the statistical analysis of data, with proficiency in MS Excel, R, or other statistical analysis software
- Proven QHSE mindset
- Familiarity with Python programming, Python data science packages (e.g., NumPy and pandas) and version control systems (e.g., Git) are pluses
- Proficiency with MS Office Word/Excel/Access
- Strong overall computer skills and ability to learn multiple software tools
- Thorough knowledge of various mapping tools and map formats
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Willingness to travel at least 10% of the time
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
What is Preferred
- Professional experience in a major project developer in North America is a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of remote sensing devices and their use in wind energy assessments
- Proficiency with Wind Farmer and Wasp a plus
- The ability to present technical information clearly and concisely in both written and verbal formats, as well as the ability to understand their audience and tune their communication styles to suit varying degrees of technical and commercial understanding
*Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about your rights under the law, see:[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Wind Energy Analyst more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department ([ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Wind Energy Analyst). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs – Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and New York City Salary Transparency Law, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado or New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado and New York City, NY only, the range of starting pay for this role is $100,000-$140,000 USD.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Data Science