Family Guidance Centers, Inc. (FGC), a not-for-profit behavioral healthcare organization treats and prevents substance abuse, as well as an array of other related problems is currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse with some experience with drug treatment as well as clinical experience; however NEW GRADS WELCOME. Family Guidance Centers Inc. offers opportunities for individuals with an interest in behavioral health. Our organization provides a comprehensive benefit package for full time employment that includes health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k pension plan. Vacation, sick and personal days with 11 paid holidays off are included in our PTO compensation package.
The Staff Nurse essential duties and responsibilities include: Dispenses all medication uses at Family Guidance Centers under procedures set by DASA, DEA, and FDA, monitors appropriateness of methadone and other medication dosages, monitors physical well-being of clients and makes notes of specific findings, confers with medical doctors on specific medical findings, confers with counselors on cases as needed, completes initial medical assessment results, follows up on TB tests and reactive results, follow up on recommendations and referrals made in medical visits, update client records of prescriptions, breathalyzing of clients as needed, completes OASA reports of dispensing, methadone counts, and medical visits as needed, complete nursing notes, doctors' orders. Ensures safekeeping of methadone and other prescription medications, participates In utilization review and quality assurance, and performs other nursing duties and attends daily rounds as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes patients from assessment to discharge in social setting detox beds medication assisted treatment, residential and drug free treatment programming.
- Processes medical alerts using SAMMS software; documents all services performed in their appropriate service categories.
- Dispense all medication under procedures set forth by FGC, SUPR, CSAT and the DEA.
- Monitors the appropriateness of methadone and medication dosages.
- Monitors the physical & mental health well-being of patients and documents findings.
- Confers with the program physician on specific findings.
- Confers with counselor on cases as needed and completes caseload assignments.
- Completes initial nursing assessment documentation.
- Follows up on TB screening process.
- Follows up on medical referrals.
- Updates patient prescription records.
- Understands methadone accounting reports of dispensing and understands safekeeping procedures for methadone/other medications.
- Completes nursing notes and accurately processes physician orders.
- Participates in Utilization Review and Performance Improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Number of Position Openings: 1 Part Time
Schedule: 2 days a week 10pm - 6:30pm & 1 day a week 2pm - 10:30pm
Start Date: 6/22/2019
Work Location: 333 Evergreen Street Manteno, IL 60950
Family Guidance Centers, Inc. is a Drug Free Environment, An Equal Opportunity Employer
Education and/or Experience: Two years' experience in hospital or in-patient setting preferable. Individual must possess good communication skills with basic nursing knowledge. Knowledge of substance abuse pathology preferred. Must have knowledge of state and federal rules and regulations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: R.N. or L.P.N. licensed in the State of Illinois and certified in CPR.
Staff Nurse, LPN, LVN, Practical Nursing, medication assisted
Licensed Practical Nurse