Are you passionate about Customer Service, but hate working odd hours? At Extra Space Storage we offer the best of both worlds! Great environment without the retail hours! We are the best at getting better and we need engaged employees to join our team as we continue to experience amazing growth.
Is your enthusiasm and passion for helping people contagious? Why not bring them to a new workplace where you can really make your mark? If you enjoy working with other highly engaged people, a culture that embraces innovation, delivering world class customer service, and the opportunity to grow your career – then Extra Space Storage is the place for you!
The Assistant Manager is critical in creating a welcoming environment, creating the cleanest locations in the industry, and identifying customer needs and exceeding their expectations. Extra Space Storage seeks employees that have entrepreneurial, dedicated, positive attitudes, adaptability to change, and integrity. If you possess these qualities and want to join a dynamic, growing organization, then we are excited to hear from you!
- As an Assistant Manager you’ll work alongside your team to maximize sales objectives with each prospective customer via the phone, web or in person at your location.
- Our employees consistently practice exceptional customer service by welcoming future and current customers in a friendly, enthusiastic and professional manner.
- Assistant Managers work with customers to identify their needs and provide solutions that will enhance their storage experience.
- You will get the chance to sell high quality merchandise such as boxes, locks, tape and other moving supplies.
- Our team members enjoy working outdoors. When not taking care of customers in the office, our Assistant Managers spend approximately 50% of their time walking and tending to the property to ensure the facility is kept to the highest of cleanliness standards. This includes cleaning units, sweeping, mopping, changing light bulbs and other general maintenance duties.
- Successful Assistant Managers need to be able to perform at a high level without constant supervision, but also thrives in a team environment.
- You should have some type of customer facing experience from a variety of environments including retail sales, restaurant, sales associate, and other customer-centered selling roles
- Energetic, outgoing, customer oriented personality
- A High School diploma /GED equivalent. College education a plus
- Ability to perform light maintenance and overall property upkeep
- Minimum one year Customer Service and/or Sales experience
- Valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel to multiple retail locations
- A dynamic growing company
- Competitive pay and benefits
- A rewarding work environment
- Opportunity for advancement
- Great company culture
Note: If you have experience working in any of the following areas, you are encouraged to apply: retail, sales associate, customer service, retail jobs, assistant manager, retail sales, retail store, retail management, retail industry, 5 star customer service, sales.
We value diversity at Extra Space Storage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.