Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification) Services, is looking for an Operations Manager to join our Electrical team in Duluth GA.
The electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality and safety of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
The Operations Manager is the most important job in Intertek Electrical. As the site Operations Manager you have oversight for onsite staff, facilities, labs and equipment. What’s more, you have responsibility for understanding your vertical and geographic markets, and the opportunities and challenges they present. This role has both strategic and tactical opportunities for the right candidate, and will benefit those who are strong, up and coming leaders.
In addition to strong people, management and leadership skills, the right candidate will have a good financial acumen who can take responsibility for the P/L, including revenue growth and EBIT. We are looking for an upwardly mobile Operations Manager for our Atlanta-area Electrical lab. The ideal candidate will be engaging, a good people person, someone with high energy and a high sense of urgency, and a person who is adept at wearing many hats in one day.
• Day-to-day lab and staff management
• Manage the revenue/cost/EBIT for the facility and drive towards maximizing production
• Identify and develop processes to enhance and maximize efficiencies and margins
• Review project files for compliance with operating procedures
• Coordinate with other working groups to effectively reach and exceed targeted goals
• Mentor and develop staff by setting appropriate goals and objectives
• Maintain facility assets in accordance with Intertek Safety, Health, Quality and Compliance Policies
• Attend technical trade or association meetings
• Serve as a technical resource to employees and clients
• Manage and improve operational processes
- Interact with clients, accreditors and/or Authority Having Jurisdiction to resolve issues
- Provide support to engineering and sales
- Make business recommendations on capital expenditures and other initiatives
- Promote new business opportunities
• Perform other work as required
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business or scientific discipline; advance degree is preferred
• Three to five years of management or supervisory experience in a service or technical environment is ideal, and preferably within a testing or product development laboratory
• Experience managing P&L.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent leadership and team building skills
• Must possess entrepreneurial qualities
• Must be self-motivated and assertive
• Microsoft Office software expertise
• Ability to travel as business needs dictate
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all new hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.