Company is seeking a Vice President of Product that will be directly responsible for product strategy, product design, and product development in a fast-growing SaaS company. The Vice President of Product creates and manages a process that drives toward a scalable technology product portfolio that will in turn drive the business’s growth and product market fit. She/he also ensures that there is continuous improvement in the product, as well as the product’s compliance to market needs wrapped in a product experience that continuously and consistently delights customers.
Why is this job important to Company
The Vice President of Product will be responsible for the identification of target business segments and markets in the eCommerce industry, playing a leading role in evaluating market trends, product industry, and competition strategies.
We are looking for technical product management experience in the eCommerce and Digital Marketing, vision for the specific needs/requirements to grow the Amazon (and future marketplaces) brand tech landscape, and the kind of people leadership skills necessary to build trust and drive an organization forward across multiple geographies, time zones, and cultures.
The challenge of this role will be aligning engineering, design, and analytics with the larger business strategy and the demands of a digital-savvy customer base while anticipating future product needs and leading a team in crafting plans to realize them while balancing new feature development with improving our product vision.
- Creates and manages a process that drives toward a scalable technology product portfolio that drives the business's growth and product market fit
- Ensures there is a continuous improvement in the product as well as the product's compliance to market needs; wrapped in a product experience that continuously and consistently delights our customers
- Oversees the client-facing roadmap and major product-based decisions
- Drives major process changes and evolution across the Product Management and Engineering teams
- Acts as a key escalation point for Sales and Services, as well as command the respect and trust of Engineering, Product, Operations, Sales and Clients alike
- Represents the product organization with senior clients and industry colleagues, and importantly, provides structure and efficiency to an evolving organization
- A seasoned product leader with a strong entrepreneurial spirit with 7+ years' experience leading global SaaS product teams
- Experience in eCommerce and digital marketing software solutions experience preferred
- Experience hiring, scaling, managing and mentoring engineering and product management teams
- Strong technical understanding and ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical teams in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to bring simplicity and structure to ambiguous problems with multiple stakeholders
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Executive Leadership Ability: Demonstrates exceptional leadership acumen, interpersonal communication skills and executive presence; ideal candidate will have operated successfully on an executive team within a dynamic, high-performing business
- Achievement: Demonstrates decisiveness based on solid considerations and trade-offs. Makes decisions without hesitation. Prioritizes recommendations for process improvements based on overall benefits to the organization/client. Develops quantitative cost/benefit analyses to measure improvements.
- Product Management: Track record in building strong technology product management teams with quantifiable market success, along with a proven record in making the right technical decisions and follow through with the team.
- Change Management: Champions change. Takes direct action to reinforce the change effort. Has the courage to champion new initiatives even when benefits aren't clear to everyone. Advocates a continuous improvement culture.
Other Personal Characteristics:
- An ambitious and inspiring leader with the aptitude to generate a long-term perspective on building the scope and value of the company's business
- A resourceful, competitively natured, executive with a strong sense of urgency, but knows how to work collaboratively to overcome obstacles and seize opportunities
- A creative, imaginative individual who has the business acumen, curiosity and ability to work across emerging media paradigms
- Well-organized, ability to handle multiple agendas, prioritize and able to handle a multitude of activities at the same time. Attention to detail and follow-through
- Well-grounded individual who is able to manage and collaborate effectively
- Able to communicate openly and directly, and not afraid to challenge or be challenged, welcoming thoughtful debate
- An individual with a high level of emotional intelligence
- Professional presence, articulate and well-received communication style
- Unquestionable integrity
Process Improvements (Business)
New Product Development