When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.
The Manager, Rocklin Call Center will support the Director, RCC with the operations and management of the AmeriGas’ Rocklin Call Center. The Manager will oversee operational components of the call center including the 24/7/365 Emergency Communication Center (ECC), Customer Care Line (CCL), customer email communications, chat support for AmeriGas.com and the ACE vending team. The Call Center Manager assists with the development of policies, procedures, and operating structure for the facility. The Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the Director in maintaining a customer focused environment for both internal and external customers. The Manager is continually engaged in leading and inspiring the team in developing and documenting best practices in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent customer service and customer problem solving process skills
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external sources through various media, including in-person, written correspondence, e-mail, and telephone
- Ability to provide strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops and guides team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Director and directives to provide exemplary customer service.
- Manages development and implementation of new programs.
- Develops annual performance objectives and goals for supervisors and agents.
- Responsible for strategic planning accordance with district protocols.
- Ensures inbound requests for information, communications pertaining to safety and policy are responded to in a timely and accurate manner.
- Communicates with Area Directors, District Managers and all appropriate levels of management regarding customer and safety issues.
- Develops and distributes required reports.
- Facilitates staffing and scheduling oversight.
- Coordinates with the field and safety dept for policy and procedure development and compliance.
- Coaches and develops Call Center supervisors.
- Partners with the Human Resources dept to develops job descriptions, enlist recruitment efforts and manage the development of the call center employees
- Participates in projects and additional duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong mentoring and relationship building skills with ability to effectively manage group and interpersonal conflict situations.
- Familiarity with telecomm and workforce management systems and related reporting.
- Ability to make reasonable decisions through understanding of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve desired results and deadlines.
- Ability to take independent action with general managerial direction.
- Ability to effectively present information to both leadership and direct reports.
- Ability to analyze statistical data, develop executive summary report and prepare business correspondence.
- Strong computer/technology skills including Microsoft Office, Windows, intranet, workforce management systems and reporting, and phone system management.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years experience as manager or supervisor of a 50+ seat Call Center, including Inbound, outbound responsibilities.
- Proven experience in handling personnel-related issues.
- Proven experience in statistical analysis of performance data.
- Proven experience in workforce management systems
- Work occurs inside in a controlled call center/office environment. Limited travel for occasional meetings required.
- Must be available to work varying schedules and hours including some weekends and holidays as workload dictates.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Coaching And Mentoring