The Lead Cloud Engineer will be responsible for working with SAIC’s technology teams to help develop and implement SAIC’s strategic cloud approach. This will involve a combination of public and private clouds in a hybrid multi-cloud environment. The goal is to develop a common Cloud computing approach that leverages new technologies for cost savings and technical advancements. This role will provide technical leadership and help shape the strategic direction of Cloud technologies at SAIC as we continue our journey as an elite a premier technology company.
The Lead Cloud Engineer will help enable SAIC business agility and resilience through the application of innovative and proven Cloud Technologies that deliver operational efficiencies and enable real business value.
Lead-level experience and understanding of modern Cloud technologies is required to help drive SAIC’s Cloud adoption and continuous maturity. This position will be responsible for both hands-on engineering as well as technical leadership and development for of Cloud Engineering team members.
• Provide technical and thought leadership while promoting the adoption of modern Cloud technologies
• Develop, mentor, and coach infrastructure engineers SAIC team members on cloud best practices and techniques
• Partner with SAIC-ITO teams including Cyber Security to execute on our SAIC-ITO Cloud Strategy
• Work closely with application, network, EA, and security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in cloud solution designs
• Assess, plan, build, and migrate applications and services to public cloud
• Maintain compliance with FEDRAMP, DFARs, CMMC and other mandated security requirements including NIST standards
• Leverage automation to enforce standards, build repeatable processes, and optimize cloud spend
• Assist in the development and presentation of Cloud related business cases
• Apply modern native Cloud technologies to deliver operational efficiencies
• Develop and apply Infrastructure As Code (IaC) practices
• Develop Cloud processes and standards that align with industry best practices
• Develop a self-service Infrastructure cloud provisioning platform using best-of-breed tools
• Develop highly available HA cloud solutions that leverage availability zones and geo-redundancy regions as necessary
• Develop proof of concepts as needed to demonstrate cloud-based solutions
• Provide recommendations on cloud strategy and design for implementation
• Maintain quality documentation for enterprise-wide solutions, standards, and best practices
• Stay current with industry trends and new cloud-native services as they are made available
• Help teams build enterprise-monitoring, alerting, and log analytics solutions for the cloud
Position may be open to remote location and telework flexibility.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience or 6-8 years of experience related to this job.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• 4+ years of hands-on Cloud Engineering experience with public clouds (Azure, AWS, etc…)
• 4+ years of experience developing scripts, software, and tools to support infrastructure
• Certified Azure Solutions Architect preferred
• Demonstrated expert level proficiency with operating systems, SDN, virtualization, PowerShell scripting, PaaS, IaaS, server-less, and public cloud storage constructs
• Experience of with IaC tools (Terraform, Army.io, etc…)
• Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC
• Experience with Public cloud networking
• Experience with Public Cloud security
• Experience working on Agile teams (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc…)
• Exceptional personal communication and Teamwork interaction skills abilities
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Effective organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Cloud Computing Engineer
. For ongoing news, please visit our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Cloud Computing Engineer
. For SAIC benefits information, see [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Cloud Computing Engineer
. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Infrastructure As A Service (Iaa S)
Platform As A Services