Position Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports To: General Manager
Status: Full-time, Regular position
Location Name: Climate Control Service Experts
Location Address: 7291 Cottage Hill Road
Mobile, AL 36695
Join the team of experts and realize your true potential!
Why You Should Join the Service Experts Team?
Our team consists of the very best; we believe in doing what is right for our customers and our employees. We provide our employees with training, support and an opportunity for unlimited professional growth. Join us and become an EXPERT!
Under general supervision, performs precision tune-ups and maintenance on HVAC equipment and accessories. Communicates with customers to answer questions, resolves problems, and ensures complete customer satisfaction. Promotes products and services to customers. Works under the direction of the Field Supervisor or General Manager.
What Do We Offer You as a Service Experts Employee?
Service Experts offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to support employees and their families in managing their health and wellness needs. Following is a summary of the many benefits that could be available to you as a Service Experts valued employee.
- Competitive Pay, including incentive opportunities for many positions
- Paid Time Off and Company Holiday Pay
- Medical /Dental /Vision Insurance programs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company-matching contributions
- Life Insurance, for you and options you can elect for your family
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance options, that protects you and your family if you are unable to work
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: Legal advice, pet insurance, health advocacy programs
- World Class Training opportunities through our Experts University
- Career Development opportunities
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- High school diploma or GED with additional training and 0 to 2 years’ experience in HVAC with technical training certification preferred
- Must possess all valid licensing or certification as required by federal, state, provincial, or local governmental laws or regulations for the geographical work area
- EPA and safety certifications required
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of the operational functionality of heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment as well as related accessories
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Proficient and able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various service projects
- Basic skills in reading wiring diagrams and troubleshooting problems with electrical, refrigerant and duct systems on air conditioning equipment
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed
- Experience performing basic maintenance work on HVAC equipment and related accessories is desirable
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC units. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including but not limited to the following: hot, cold, outdoor, indoor, dry, humid, slippery surfaces, heights, and congested areas
- Ability to safely climb 300lb load capacity rated ladders with a 30lb tool belt
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Works under general supervision to perform maintenance calls
- Performs routine precision tune-ups and maintenance on heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment as well as accessories in an accurate and timely manner
- Inspects and performs limited diagnostics on equipment to identify potential problems to prevent premature and unexpected breakdowns or callbacks
- Completes routine maintenance and equipment cleaning as needed or required
- Responsible for delivery and removal of parts and equipment needed to complete service work
- Assists the Service Technician in servicing heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment as well as accessories
- Using hand-held device records all required information on customer call. Completes all forms and paperwork in a neat, timely, complete, and accurate manner. If necessary, collects payment from customers.
- Communicates with dispatch, while on duty, to ensure dispatcher has an accurate status report of activities and availability
- Responsible for delivery of excellent customer service and sustaining high levels of customer satisfaction
- Promotes products and services to the customer. Calls Sales and Service Coordinator with specifics on replacement product sales leads generated from customer service visit.
- Ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained, and properly accounted for
- Represents the company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and activities
- Follows standard procedures and process, ensures that the company vehicle is properly stocked
- Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Diagnostic Skills