The Vice President of Implementation reports directly to the Vice President of Plan Sponsor Services for Company Retirement Services and works closely with Sales & Account Management, Legal, Actuary, plan sponsors and their consultants. In this role, the VP has three Directors reporting to them with the department as a whole consisting of approximately 65 team members.
The Vice President of Implementation Services provides leadership and direction for institutional client implementations and projects as well as strategic planning and execution of departmental goals and priorities. The VP partners frequently across the organization with sales management and internal departments in support of acquisition and maintenance of annuity and mutual fund defined contribution plans.
Implementation Services is an extremely fast-paced and dynamic environment and operates within a strong project management, compliance and regulatory environment. Primary responsibilities include the oversight and ownership of the overall process of converting 401(k), 403(b), 457 plans to the Company platform, as well as implementing changes to the existing client base as a result of Merger and Acquisition activity, Plan changes and new service adoption.
Your contribution at Company
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
- Leadership – Provide strategic direction to the team on group service model and platform capabilities, market positioning, capital projects and regulatory guidelines/changes.
- Consulting – Partner across the organization to achieve win/win results.
- Implementation Pipeline Management – Work closely with key business partners to plan and schedule projects, maximizing resources while ensuring an excellent level of client satisfaction.
- Platform Enhancements – Provide vision and champion the on-going development of the group transaction platform and service model within the framework of an evolving competitive marketplace and regulatory environment.
- Service Delivery – Ensure highest level of client service through implementation activities.
- As a great manager you will provide direction, motivate and grow talent, and empower and coach teams toward higher levels of performance.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated strategic leadership and management capabilities
- Possess 8-10 years Defined Contribution Implementation experience in a leadership role
- Proven results through consultation and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Success in leading large scale, strategic initiatives and developing creative solutions
- Excellent client relationship management skills with internal and external clients
- Strong background in group benefits or defined contribution plans
- Must be comfortable with technology and database structures particularly in the support of group transactions
- Solid expertise in both process management and workflow improvement
Customer Relationship Management