At JFS, we are professionals, volunteers, partners, and friends who all believe in one thing—we can change things and we’re going to do it as a family. As the first charitable organization in Los Angeles, founded over 160 years ago, Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles embraces and strengthens people of every race, religion, creed, and economic status . JFS is a multi-service Agency whose goals are to feed and shelter families in need, provide the elderly with life-saving care, empower victims of abuse, treat mental illness, and offer focus, direction, and counseling to countless at-risk children and their families.
JFS staff share in our mission and work towards our goals with the highest level of responsibility, professionalism, and integrity. JFS demonstrates our commitment to our staff by offering a comprehensive benefits package and a nurturing environment.
Be part of our commitment, and join our family. For more information on our philosophy and services, please tour our website. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Home Delivery Meal Driver (Per Diem)
The Per Diem/ As Needed Home Delivery Meal Driver is responsible for delivering meals to homebound participants and maintaining the position of liaison to monitor the senior nutrition program clients.
- Valid and unrestricted California Driver's license and good driving record.
- Must be a reliable, mature adult and have the ability to relate well to older people.
- Ability to handle emergency situations effectively.
- Basic knowledge of social, economic and psychological problems of homebound elderly.
- Licensed driver with a clean driving record and proof of auto liability insurance required.
- Must be familiar with using maps.
- Able to lift 25 lb without assistance
- Experience with basic data entry is preferred
- Ability to speak Russian, Spanish or Farsi is a plus
- Culturally sensitive and able to work with a multicultural client/customer population
- Ability to work in a non-judgmental manner and foster positive growth/outcomes
- Able to work as part of a team and maintain professional boundaries.
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) and drug test prior to beginning employment
- Deliver meals daily to homebound elderly.
- Serve as a link between frail, isolated participants and the Home Delivered Meal Coordinator.
- Assess physical and emotional condition of participants.
- Report health and behavioral changes to HDM Coordinator.
- Respond effectively to emergency situations.
- Maintain records of all participants on route.
- Maintain delivery van in good driving and sanitary condition.
- Collect meal contributions.
- Track and record food temperature on daily log
- Other related duties as assigned
Jewish Family Service is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.