To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Albany, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Bimbo Bakeries USA • Albany, NY
Posted 2 days ago
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment, and in fabricating metal parts and tools. Also supervises workers engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings.
Essential Skills, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs workers, or assists in diagnosing malfunctions in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Plans and directs maintenance personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing equipment or systems.
- Directs and coordinates assembly, fabrication and installation activities to ensure equipment and systems conform to engineering design and internal specifications and standards.
- Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment. Evaluates production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions or to improve safety, quality or equipment operating parameters.
- Researches and costs project proposals to determine feasibility, payback and equipment design.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces OSHA, USDA and company safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Conduct safety training and ensure compliance with all company policies, plant rules and regulations.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- High School diploma or GED, plus Trade School Certification, Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Engineering preferred.
- Two years related experience and/or training in a manufacturing setting.
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the food industry.
- Hands on experience in electrical, electronic, plumbing, hydraulic, refrigeration, HVAC and pneumatic systems.
- Basic working knowledge of personal computers and MS Office Software.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and train employees within a team oriented environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible to work scheduled shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- A trained designee will be appointed by plant management to cover for absences or vacancies.
- Minimum travel required.