To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1795 Iowa 64
Anamosa, IA 52205
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chaplain - Part Time
UnityPoint Health • Anamosa, IA
Posted 1 month ago
This is a part time role working one day per week at the hospital. Flexible Day.
Description of Position:
• Oversee Spiritual Care Department, Volunteer Chaplains, and Advanced Care Planning.
• Volunteer Chaplains will facilitate spiritual well-being by assisting patients, families, associates, and the community to cope and identify sources of meaning and hope in their experience of life transitions, inclusive of suffering, loss, and grief. Volunteer Chaplains support patients in drawing upon their values and beliefs in the context of their life story, especially during times of health crisis.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
• Development and implementation of spiritual care program at JRMC
• Recruit and train new volunteer chaplains
• Advanced Care Planning education and training to staff and community
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
• Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
• Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
• Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
• Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
• Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
• Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
• Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
• Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
• Enthusiastically engage in our work.
• Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
• Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
• Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
• Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
• Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
• Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
• Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
• Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
• Completes St Luke’s (Cedar Rapids) Hospital education requirements.
• Spiritual Companionship Course if individual has not completed at least 2 units of CPE.
• Master’s Degree from an accredited seminary.
• Ordination and / or endorsement by a recognized denomination.
• Successful completion of four units of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE, Inc., Decatur, GA.).
• Board Certification by the Association of Professional Chaplains, National Association of Catholic Chaplains, Canadian Association for Pastoral Practice and Education, etc.
- If not presently certified, completion of certification within two years of employment is a requirement for continued employment.
- Until Board Certification is achieved, the chaplain will work under the general supervision of a Board Certified Staff Chaplain.
• Previous experience as a chaplain in a health care of other clinical setting is highly desirable. Related work experience will be considered.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
• Ability to work with persons from a wide variety of spiritual backgrounds and support them in their own perspective.
• Word-processing skills / basic understanding of computers.
• Complete understanding of the need for absolute confidentiality.
• Willingness to work in multicultural environment.
• A good working understanding of both theology and behavioral science.
• Ability to draw on own faith / spirituality in a manner that supports others in theirs.
• Proven counseling skills.
• Crisis intervention skills.
• Skills in preaching and leading worship.
• An awareness of cultural diversity and associated spiritual practices.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Information about Jones Regional Medical Center - Anamosa, IA
Jones Regional Medical Center has been named 5th fastest growing hospital in the US by Modern Healthcare
• All private rooms
• Three major trauma rooms with an additional four exam rooms
• State-of-the-art equipment and lighting
• Easy navigation for patients to be evaluated and treated in the ED
• Radiology/laboratory services located next to ED for easy testing access
• 5500+ volume Monthly
• 24/7 RT, Lab, ER and Radiology
• Daytime offerings - Therapy, Wound, Social Services, Counseling, Rehabilitation
• Great place to have a rural quality of life but have access to larger cities (30-minutes to Cedar Rapids and 45-minutes to Iowa City)
Choose Jones County
Jones County, located in the heart of Eastern Iowa along Highway 151, is central to major U.S. markets. Within five hours of Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Madison, and Omaha with easy access to the crossroads of America, Interstates 80 and 35.
Living in Jones County
• Easy highway access to major shopping/entertainment in Cedar Rapids
• Just 45 minutes from Iowa City
• Growing trail system for walking and biking
• Museums including the National Motorcycle Museum and the Anamosa State Penitentiary Museum
• State and local parks for camping and recreation
• Two new aqua parks
• Numerous golf courses
• Home of the Jones County Fair the 3rd largest county fair in the state of Iowa.