To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lincoln, NH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Machine Operator (Specialized Machine Operator 3rd Shift) - Lincoln, NH
Hubbell Inc • Lincoln, NH
Posted 27 days ago
Founded in 1924, BURNDY manufactures electrical connectors and installation tooling and wiring accessory products for the commercial, industrial and the electric utility markets. We are world-renowned for our robust product lines, commitment to innovation and exceptional customer-centered service.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It’s this talent that we consider to be our company’s greatest asset. As such, we are invested in your success.
BURNDY offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! We also offer great opportunities for Professional development and training: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Six Sigma training, Toastmasters and more!
When you work at BURNDY, you can expect an environment where your expertise can engineer, build and supply the framework to merge the company’s success with your own.
Location: 34 Bern Dibner Drive Lincoln, NH 03251
Summary: Sets- Up and operates automatic machines, turret lathes and a multiple of production machines such as saws, presses, drills, etc. and other hand and/or powered equipment as well as automatic presses and similar equipment which may require raw material to be loaded onto stock reels. Performs the following Duties
Roles & Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Pushes buttons, interrupts electrical eyes and/or depresses pedal to activate machine
- Verifies safety equipment on machine and/or equipment is functional before starting the job.
- Works from operation sheets, prints, written work instructions and/or verbal instructions as necessary.
- Is required to perform set up and make minor tool adjustments on assigned equipment.
- Generates work orders for repairs that need to be completed by maintenance departments.
- Must maintain OSC for inspection and performs subsequent checks to ensure work meets quality specifications.
- Observe machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures work Piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- May flatten, pierce, stamp, drill or chamfer work pieces.
- May remove burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work pieces.
- Assembles and/or sorts work pieces.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces.
- Performs own material handling and lifting of tote pans.
- Reports job operations/activities on daily labor ticket and count slips.
- Is responsible for the quality of product produced from operations they perform.
- Responsible for safe setup and operation of equipment.
- Keeps assigned area clean and organized at all times.
- Performs other related work as required.
Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls Regularly
Reach with hands and arms and talk and hear Frequently.
Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds Regularly.
Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds Occasionally.
Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Required.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.