Responsible for designing and implementing software systems to support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization. Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will offer security and will be effectively integrated with current applications. Has deep understanding of web and software applications. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
- Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
- Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
This REQ is currently not yet funded. Education
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.Qualifications
5-8 years of related software development experience
Must possess an active 8570 IAT Level II Compliant Certification: Security+ CE (or) GSEC (or) CCNA Security (or) SSCP (or) CySA+ (or) GICSP
Must Have Qualities:
- Comfortable working using Agile development methodologies and have experience using the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket) for documenting work.
- J2EE web-based development experience
- Experience with DevOps practices of continuous integration and continuous deployment using Jenkins or Bamboo
- Familiar with common development tools such Nexus, SonarQube, Maven, Gradle, etc
- Experience deploying applications to container-based systems
- ServiceNow development experience
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers’ challenges through future-focused technology and services, ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government, defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a difference – helping our customers to advance mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future.
General Dynamics Information Technology, or GDIT, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.