DAK Americas is a globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) - Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET) and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere. The company is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas. This opening is located at our Moncks Corner, SC facility. DAK Americas is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico's largest corporations.
Perform routine analytical quality testing in QC/QA lab for PET Fibers & Resins manufacturing. Ensure proper operation of lab equipment through routine standard checks and maintenance. Maintain a clean and orderly laboratory working environment. Effectively communicate with staff, and ensure that lab results are delivered in a clear and timely manner. Adhere to all applicable laboratory safety and documentation guidelines. Preferred knowledge in the following analytical instruments and techniques: AA, GC, LC, FTIR, titration, extraction, gravimetric analysis, and preparation of standards. Work schedule is 12hr shifts (36/48), rotating shifts.
DAK Americas LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. DAK Americas LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage time / multi-task.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required. Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operation instructions, and procedures. Strong written and verbal skills required to effectively communicate with operations.
- Proven command of math and computer literacy (Microsoft Office suite).
- Ability to work independently & safely.
- Preferred experience in ISO 9001 / 14001, LIMS and SAP experience but not required.
- Teamwork philosophy.
- Manufacturing background preferred with at least 2 years laboratory experience
- 4 year degree preferred, but will consider years of experience and background
Product Quality Assurance
Laboratory Information Management Systems