This Miami-based construction company is a leading General Contractor, established more than 25 years ago. They are a leader in the Florida market with a track record of excellent clients and a strong pipeline of diverse commercial projects. The company pr
This Florida-based GC was established over 25 years ago and has maintained a strong reputation in the area. They specialize in various commercial sectors and are known for their employee satisfaction and fantastic company culture. Their core markets are commercial and retail construction. If you are looking for a reputable GC that offers room for growth, a great company culture, and an excellent work/life balance, please apply for immediate consideration.
The Construction Superintendent will:
- Lead the on-site team from construction start through project close
- Proactively identify and help remedy design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project-specific issues.
- Communicate and interpret contract scope to the entire site management team.
- Conduct preconstruction meetings with all subcontractors prior to beginning each phase of work.
- Create and maintain a project production schedule
- Review and assist in developing scopes of work for each subcontractor.
- Administer a Quality Control Plan.
- Review and approve all invoices and requisitions to ensure correct payment to vendor.
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently adheres to OSHA safety standards.
- Supervise and evaluate assigned project personnel and maintain a positive work environment
- Communicate regularly with owners, construction managers, other superintendents, and project coordinators to ensure progress is achieved.
The Construction Superintendent should have:
- 5+ years as a construction superintendent for a commercial general contractor
- OSHA certification (preferred)
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience leading ground-up construction projects and managing a large team
The Construction Superintendent will receive:
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Paid time off and sick days
- Excellent benefits - health, medical, vision, dental
- 401k plan available
Construction Experience Required
PMI OSHA certifications
Demonstrated timely project delivery
Strong leadership skills to effectively train and mentor others
Working knowledge of company computer systems and software necessary.