Southern Careers Institute has been preparing students for careers in the Allied Health, Business and trades fields for over 50 years. We are a Texas Based organization with 7 locations throughout Texas and will be expanding into the Waco area in the fall of 2018.
At Southern Careers Institute (SCI), we're passionate about putting our students first to help improve their lives through education and career training. It's this passion that drives everything we do.
Instructors - Medical Billing and Coding program
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
As an Instructor, you will have the opportunity to positively impact students' lives by sharing you knowledge and experience.
What you can expect when joining SCI:
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrates and applies a thorough and accurate knowledge of the teaching field and discipline;
- Plans and organizes instruction in ways which maximize student learning. Practice excellence in teaching and instruction;
- Modifies instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse students' needs;
- Prepare lesson plans and teach course as prescribed by the approved institutional curriculum;
- Encourages the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments.
Successful candidates will have:
- 5+ years' progressive experience in billing and coding;
- Prior postsecondary related teaching experience of at least 1 year in subject matter is highly preferred;
- Knowledge of medical terminology;
- Demonstrated knowledge of anatomy and physiology;
- Meet TWC instructor requirements.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, now and we're just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.
Higher Order Thinking