To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
588 Mission Bay Boulevard North
San Francisco, CA 94158
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Related Management Company • San Francisco, CA
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our 42 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of these projects for years to come.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Responsibilities
The Operations Manager provides support, training and resources in the context of leadership, management, operating procedures and administrative capacities to the Vice President (VP) of Regional Manager (RM) and their respective portfolio of sites. In alignment with portfolio objectives and priorities (i.e. meet or exceed budgeted Net Operating Income (NOI), mitigate compliance risks, maintain and improve the physical assets, etc.), the Operations Manager will be a will work to resolve vacancy challenges, maximize special claims, improve compliance, proactively identify operating procedure deficiencies, make policy recommendations and assist with recruiting, mentoring and training site team staff.
At the direction of the VP/RM, the Operations Manager is directly responsible for the following:
- Lead assigned projects to completion with reporting to VP/RM
- In collaboration with the wider corporate team, the Operations Manager will assist the team with vacancy challenges to maximize occupancy and income.
- Maximize special claims vacancy recovery at section-8 sites by working with site teams to ensure vacant units are rent-ready and once a unit becomes eligible for special claims, ensure the site team timely processes the special claim.
- Assist the VP/RM with site compliance of company policies, procedures and all program requirements.
- Make operating policy recommendations, draft new guidelines and job aids for VP/RM approval and implement with the site teams.
- Analyze the monthly financial performance of assigned assets and work with site teams to execute written variance reporting and developing plans to offset negative expense variances.
- Participate in the recruiting process for open positions at sites, provide new hire onboarding and training and act as ongoing mentor for new and struggling employees.
- Improve customer service by quickly responding to resident comments/complaints and escalating to VP/RM as appropriate.
- Provide administrative support to the VP/RM and their respective regional and teams.
- Ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Position is based at out of one of the portfolio sites and requires the flexibility to effectively work from each of the sites throughout the assigned portfolio, from a remote (home) office and from other States as needed.
- Flexibility to travel 25%-50% of the time is essential, and may exceed 50% during and after peak acquisition periods or as business demands require.
- Ability to work within a very dynamic environment and balance significant hours of office work and overtime.
- Must be willing to work in both a controlled office environment and in outdoor conditions which may at times be harsh and include excessive heat, below freezing temperatures and may include conditions such as high wind, rain, snow, sleet, ice and otherwise hazardous conditions.
- May occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, electrical hazards and moderately noisy areas.
- Ability to climb stairs and lift up to 25 pounds.