Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approxmately 23,500 people and have global sales of approxmately US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit URL blocked - click to apply
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
This position is responsible for aggressive negotiations with carriers on both price and service, developing optimal carrier capacity for each lane through carrier development, working in alignment with customer service, production planning and plant/warehouse shipping to coordinate all freight in the most cost effective and timely manner possible from assigned manufacturing plants, outside warehouses, and customer locations through the use of a TMS. This position is required to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide customer service to internal and external customers as needed.
- TMS Management – load tendering, spot quote posting and award, identifying exceptions and cost savings, route guide maintenance, rate population and updates, carrier assignments.
- Negotiation – securing capacity and competitive rates with carriers that operate in a high service environment.
- Customer Service – communicate with internal and external customers regarding production need dates, inventory availability, shipment lead time, and load status.
- Relationship Building – create, build, and maintain good relationships with sales representatives and dispatchers within the transportation industry.
- On-call Availability – Provide service updates and route freight as needed after hours and on weekends.
- Actively monitor and react to transportation related issues/opportunities for assigned plants and outside warehouses. This includes continuous moves, spot quotes and tender re-direction. Execute limited Cullet inbound shipments from pickup to delivery.
- Continuous procurement and sourcing of new providers to increase carrier capacity in market.
- Ideal candidate would possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of logistics and transportation experience.
- Transportation dispatch and brokerage experience preferred.
- Knowledge of various transportation management systems.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Computer skills: MS Office Suite.
Environment & Physical requirements
- A normal office environment with minimal plant exposure requiring hearing, eye protection, and exposure to heat.
- Hearing and eye protection must be worn in the plants, as well as other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
This position will be filled without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual preference, or veteran status.
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Personal Protective Equipment