Position: Electrical Engineer
Our company is searching for an experienced Electrical Engineer with the passion and motivation to contribute to our vision and commitment to our clients. You will collaborate with a variety of colleagues across project teams, from engineering and product development to implementation and manufacturing, to develop electrical systems that meet our clients' needs. The Electrical Engineer develops and maintains cable/wire harness detail assembly designs. Analyzes results and performs design reviews. Supports the team to analyze results and performs design reviews. Provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies. Documents processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities. Performs technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection. Leads efforts and team assignments with minimal supervision. You should have the ability to meet with and discuss technical information and design with Customers. We work with clients in commercial, aerospace, and military sectors, so we prefer candidates who have several years of experience in all areas.
- Using mathematics, scientific, and electrical engineering principles to design, repair, and improve aerospace components parts.
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft-type wiring and components such as connectors, back shells, conduits, relays, switches, terminal junction systems components including controllers and CCA's.
- Responsible for tracking jobs and checking work, strong understanding of wire harness electrical/manufacturing process and form board drawings.
- Produce wire harness manufacturing instructions, wire harness termination drawings. Produce manufacturing instructions per customer drawings.
- Strong understanding of electrical schematics and ability to trouble shoot failures. Strong knowledge of EMI and Shielding Requirements
- Ability to design test equipment and assembly inspection fixtures. Perform system level testing including CCA testing.
- Wire harness and controller production support, assisting technicians on the shop floor.
- Troubleshoot Electrical failures and offer rework instructions or redesign.
- Staying current on industry developments, technology, materials, trends, and regulations
- Develop electrical products and systems to meet customer specifications.
- Research and design components for electrical equipment and systems for use in commercial, military, automotive and marine industries
- Devise testing methods and properties to confirm the functionality of electrical components and systems
- Maintain detailed database to catalogue products and component parts
- Train and supervise technicians to assist in project completion
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, electrical/mechanical, or equivalent in education and work experience.
- MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with a manufacturing or engineering organization required, preference in the automotive industry.
- Product management / development or new business development background.
- History of direct communication with customer base
- Experience with financial terms and budget concepts
- Experience with composites is a plus
Special Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- Fluent in English.
- Comfortable working and communicating with senior leadership
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Leadership and Strategic thinking
- Excellent knowledge of the products and processes.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills,
- Ability to indirectly manage people in matrix organization,
- Knowledge and use of Auto Cad, Solidworks or other similar programs
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Business Acumen: Knowledgeable in current and business policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; consistently pushes self and others for results.
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Bryce Bachman, [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Electrical Engineer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Product Management
- New Product Development