Our client is a diversified utilities business focusing on natural gas, electricity, and green power. Operating in Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia; they service 1.1 million customers and are headquartered in Springfield, Virginia.
The client is currently seeking a GIS Manager to assist in strategic direction for their design and mapping group. This person will have responsibilities in strategy, supervision, and overall data quality within the GIS area of the business.
Qualified applicants will have:
*In this role you will manage 2 supervisors; both have their own teams of 7. You must have previous experience managing in a similar or greater capacity.
- 3+ years of experience providing GIS business solutions
- 7+ years of experience in construction or a related industry
- 3+ years in a management/supervisor role
- Experience with SCADA, AutoCAD or Micro-Station, and any ERP software
- Bachelors degree in CS, Engineering, or related field with exposure to surveying or GIS
- Manage 2 supervisors of design and mapping-both are responsible for individual teams of 7 employees
- Consult with and act as liaison to end users, management, vendors, other government agencies, and IT/GIS resources within the Company's service territory.
- Represent the company's interests before external audiences, to include providing expert witness testimony and contractual negotiations and collaboration with external audiences to review and evaluate the effectiveness of existing programs, guidelines, systems and services within the assigned unit.
- Assist in the creation of CAD designs for distribution and transmission piping installations and retirements, including plans and profiles, regulator stations, bridge, railroad and stream crossings, complex traffic control plans, sediment control plans, and as-built drawings; oversees the storage and maintenance of the Company's installation records for new
- Direct hire
- 12% annual bonus
- Located in Springfield, VA-relocation covered
If interested, please get in touch with me this week.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website URL blocked - click to apply