To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- South Portland, ME
- Preservation Management, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Preservation Management, Inc. • South Portland, ME
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. takes great pride in, not only making a difference at the communities we manage, but also in the greater community as well.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), based in South Portland, Maine, is seeking a full-time Accounting Associate to join our team. As a member of the accounting team, the Accounting Associate monitors the financial position of multi-unit housing properties. The Accounting Associate prepares monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly financial reports for PMI managers and property owners. The Accounting Associate is responsible for working with a portfolio of properties within multiple states throughout the United States.
- Maintain the financial records of all assigned properties; prepare accounting records, financial statement work papers, and other financial reports
- Assign entries to proper accounts in the established chart of accounts, document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Monitor all financial activity and ensure that all On-site Property Managers administer property finances according to generally acceptable accounting principles (GAAP); report all questionable activity.
- Manage and reconcile accounts as their reporting cycles require.
- Prepare monthly work papers and associated journal entries for review by Staff Accountant.
- Compile reports for monthly Financial Statements.
- Maintain schedules for all properties to provide details for the General Ledger (GL); participate in document gathering for interim and year-end audit process for all properties.
- Prepare and submit requests for replacement reserve withdrawals.
- Submit scheduled reports in a timely manner to PMI executives, managers, and property owners regarding information about property income and expenses.
- Coordinate with Staff Accountants, Controller and Director of Finance & Accounting, to prepare the appropriate responses to financial questions and requests from internal and external partners, agencies, investors, owners and auditors.
- Assist Property Managers in understanding and correcting property performed accounting tasks.
- Required to cross-train with Accounts Payable Assistant to be positioned to perform those functions as needed.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field; and a minimum of 1-2 years' experience with similar functions.
- Financial experience in private sector housing or property management desirable.
- Experience in the use of business computer systems and software, such as Microsoft Office suite, is a must; experience with on-line database systems such as Boston Post Property Manager is desirable.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive hourly wage and benefit package
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) and ROTH retirement plans with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 16 states, to include 90 properties, totaling over 9,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.