The Director of Sales is responsible for managing a direct to consumer sales organization within the State of TX for the UnitedHealth Care Nursing Home Plan and Optum Care Model . The Director of Sales will be responsible for managing a team of sales representative (“SAM's" and "SIM's") in that market.
The Director of Sales is accountable for generating new membership (“gross adds”) consistent with the budget and the revenue assumptions by month (“member months”).
If you are located in Dallas or Houston, TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage the day to day activity of a market sales team, with an expected number of direct reports not to exceed eight full time employees
- Develop and executes an annual sales plan, and monitors results based on monthly performance
- Provide senior market leader with assistance, reports and other items as requested, and functions as a member of the market leadership team
- Oversee compliance with the Medicare Marketing Guidelines
- Manage the implementation and adherence with the CCM direct to consumer sales model
- Lead the market internal customer relationship management meeting (CRM Meeting) for the site, which includes developing and driving cross functional action plans, ensuring issues are resolved and documented, and same store account plans are in place
- Utilize the MAP process to establish, discuss and monitor direct report’s performance, create development plans, and implement corrective action measures as appropriate and described in Optum performance management guidelines
- Recruit, hire and assist with the training of sales personnel
- Provide day to day direction to SAMs, SIMs and assigned management personnel
- Manage CRM tool (bConnected) in accordance with departmental policies and metrics
- Oversee the implementation process consistent with the organization’s Implementation Process as outlined in salesforce.com. Ensure new SNF launch metrics are achieved
- Conduct weekly 1/1 with direct reports to facilitate and monitor performance
- Provide month end report to RVP of Sales and action plan for subsequent month
- Conduct face to face contact with SNF personnel to address concerns and present the Optum CCM value proposition
- Provide compliance oversight and ensure all assigned sales personnel abide by the Medicare Marketing Guidelines
- Serve as subject matter expert for market(s)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience (minimum of 2 years) managing a sales organization
- Managing a salesforce utilizing a standard model, including the use of a CRM (salesforce.com, Siebel, or a similar product) to drive decisions
- Ability to work a variety of hours, early morning, evenings and weekends, as required by various sales activities
- Must have, or be able to obtain, appropriate state licensure within 90 days of hire date.
- Intermediate user level in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Lead management software knowledge and preview experience
- Presentation skills
- Budgeting expertise
- Sales Management Skills
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Use of technology to improve efficiency
- Critical listening and thinking skills
- Able to work effectively independently and within a team environment
- Decision making/problem solving skills
- Territory planning and management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of healthcare industry
- Technical knowledge of the healthcare industry, especially long term care Medicaid and Medicare
- Management of a direct to consumer staff
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: long term care, nursing home, Sales Director, Medical Sales, Medical Device, laboratory sales, DME, Dallas, Houston, TX, Texas
Complex Problem Solving