Lennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers. We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Asia.
BE PART OF A WORLD CLASS INNOVATIVE ORGANIZATION
This position is located at our premier Product Development & Research (PD&R) facility in Carrollton, TX. Since you will be working primarily on new product initiatives, there is a large opportunity for patents. Lennox International (LII) has rewarding practices for engineers who bring creativity and innovation to our products.
Click here to learn more about our PD&R facility.
Note: We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.Job Description
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a Lead Engineer, you lead the design, layout and testing of Gas Furnace Products and its components. You will be working cross-functionally with several departments to innovate and enhance current products to create future products. Lennox has a focus on sustainability where this role will utilize your knowledge of combustion to meet or exceed DOE standards and CSA/ANSI Z21.47 standards while keeping safety top of mind.
- Lead the Residential Gas Furnace product development activities following CSA/ANSI Z21.47 standards as well as DOE standards.
- Lead the interpretation and implementation of customer specifications and documentation requirements for both internal LII best practices as well as adherence to product safety standards published by CSA.
- Lead the application of engineering principle knowledge to conduct routine analyses and/or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials or processes related to Gas Furnace Product.
- Lead role in conducting engineering studies for innovation & patent opportunities root/cause analysis, and potential cost out opportunities.
- Lead Engineering Change Notices (ECN) through the proper channels to modify and improve current products in production
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with 8+ years of work experience in HVAC industry especially in Gas heating products.
- Familiar with analytical and CAD software.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge in heat transfer and combustion process.
- Knowledge in ANSI Z21.47 Standard for Gas-Fired central furnaces.
- If you are a motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal and organization skills, this may be the opportunity for you.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Lennox, we realize that our greatest assets are our employees. This is why we are committed to providing limitless opportunities for growth and development of all our employees, largely promoting from within the organization. Our Lead Engineer position is ideal for anyone looking for an Engineering professional or leadership career with long term growth possibilities.
- Competitive base salary
- Industry leading product training
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Outstanding 401K with company matching and 1-year bonus
- Stock Purchase Program
- Community involvement opportunities
- Robust Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation assistance is available
- And much, much more!