X-energy, is a small entrepreneurial Gen IV nuclear power plant and fuel design company that recently signed an award winning $2,500,000,000.00/ 7 year agreement with the US Department of Energy to complete the design, licensing and construction of its compellingly safe and revolutionary design. We are aggressively staffing up with the world's most ambitious and devoted talent who share our vision of providing carbon-free, safe energy to prevent destructive global warming. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work for a company intent upon dominating the free market by compelling its selection as the premier nuclear energy power plant of choice around the world for the 21st Century!
Provide leadership and management/technical oversight for the design of the TRISO-X Facility. Serve as Design Group Leader reporting to the Vice President, Fuel Development. Function as Design Engineering Manager responsible for supervision of design engineering staff, design integrity, and integration with Licensing activities.
Lead the design of the TRISO-X Facility, supervise design engineering staff, and oversee the activities of detailed design and engineering contractors. Integrate the design work with nuclear fuel fabrication equipment and process research and development, systems engineering, quality assurance, and licensing development. Serve as a leading member of a team focused on the design, licensing, and future operation of the TRISO-X Facility, a first of its kind nuclear fuel fabrication facility.
• Primary areas of focus will be the design and deployment of fuel fabrication equipment and supporting infrastructure and managing the interfaces between the Process Design and the Facility Design.
• Develops and implements configuration management programs that include design standards based on applicable nationally recognized codes and standards, design control, and document and drawing control.
• Provides input to and establishes the scope of work, milestones/deliverables, schedule and budget for engineering activities.
• Develops scopes of work for and manages Architect/Engineer/Constructor services for engineering design, procurement, and construction activities when needed.
• Interfaces with other managers to ensure seamless interfaces with systems engineering, process and equipment development, licensing, and quality assurance.
• Provides responsible and accountable leadership to ensure organizational objectives are achieved (mission success).
• Leads transitions from final design to construction, installation, start-up, and turnover to manufacturing operations.
• Ensures clear and effective communications, both horizontal and vertical, are available for all members of the organization.
• Ensures policies, procedures, and practices are documented and available.
• Ensures productive function of a continuously self-finding and -fixing organization.
• Proven working experience in designing, constructing, and/or operating an industrial facility.
• Knowledge and experience with manufacturing facility design and approaches to lean manufacturing.
• Experience in the design and assembly of chemical processing equipment or related systems.
• Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, Inventor, SOLIDWORKS, CREO, and the like).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• Master of Time management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to both focus and accommodate changing priorities.
• Position is 80% engineering supervision and 20% individual contributor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education Desired)
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
• Master’s degree and/or professional licensure preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in a nuclear, chemical, or other highly regulated environment, with a minimum of 3 years in a management role.
• Experience with complex engineering design, procurement, and construction projects in excess of $100 Million preferred.
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Time Management