SEC Compliance Manager/DirectorCompensation:
$120000.00 to $125000.00 yearly
An industry leader and growing company is adding a Senior Manager of Technical Accounting to their team. The Senior Manager of Technical Accounting is responsible for assessing the technical accounting implications for complex business transactions and preparing written accounting and financial reporting position papers for review by management and external auditors. During peak reporting times, the position also assists with drafting disclosure for the quarterly and annual financial reports. As an Senior Manager, you will play a key role in the continued growth of the company. Your responsibilities as Senior Manager of Technical Accounting will consist, but will not be limited to the following job functions:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Works with business leaders to assess technical accounting implications for complex business transactions and operational changes.
• Assists in determining revenue recognition treatment for new products and services.
• Performs the necessary accounting research, analysis, and documentation required to implement new accounting standards.
• Prepares/reviews written accounting and financial reporting position papers for review by management and external auditors.
• Communicates complex ideas effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Assists in developing and documenting Company-wide Accounting policies.
• Ensures business units are adhering to financial policies, practices, and procedures.
• Serves as a Company-wide technical accounting resource for ad-hoc questions and initiatives.
• Assists in the quarterly and annual financial reporting process, including drafting/reviewing disclosures.
• Works directly with internal and external auditors on specific requests.
• Assists with special projects within the team as well as with other departments or business units, as needed.
• Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
• Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• A minimum five (6) years of experience in the Accounting or Finance field required.
• Supervisory/leadership experience required.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Cash Flow Statements, External SEC Reporting, US GAAP, Asset Impairment, Goodwill Impairment, Stock Compensation, Revenue Recognition Accounting, Revenue Recognition Guidance, Revenue Recognition Policies
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume in confidence to Kathy Beavers at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me directly at 702-732-2759.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles