Based in our Shakopee, MN location, you will be responsible for the management of new Electrical Printed Circuit Assemblies (PCA) and mechanical parts for multiple NPD Projects. Advocates for use of preferred suppliers and smart re-use and a risk mitigated Supply Chain. Demonstrates a broad understanding of the "quote to cash" business cycle. Ensures material readiness for the next phase in the stage gate NPD funnel and manages legacy obsolescence to minimize scrap. Individual may supervise a small group. AS A SUPPLY CHAIN PROJECT MANAGER - NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT, YOU WILL:
- Serve as a Supply Chain focal point to Engineering Project teams
- Provide overall Supply Chain program management. Ensuring material readiness, Escalate SC risks, Ensure Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) completion on all new parts
- Provide Supply Chain solutions to Project teams
- Conduct a PCA Bill of Material (BoM) analysis to understand electrical component risks.
- Manage our PCA contract manufacturers to support Design development and launch of new PCAs
- Conduct Sourcing Reviews for every project supported. Illustrating: The sourcing strategy, Sourcing risks, Life cycle, cost, product Distribution plans and legacy transition plan for obsolescence.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, supply chain or related field
Minimum of 4 years of related supply chain or materials experience
- Strong knowledge of PCA manufacturing process and Mechanical commodities such as: Die casting & Investment casting, stampings, plastics and machining
- Manage NPD projects in a phase gate process
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Strong communications skills
- Strong Microsoft Office experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- New Product Development (NPD) Experience
- Oracle Experience strongly preferred
- Managing Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) supplier experience
- Experience in launching PCAs at EMS (Electrical Manufacturing Services) provider
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.