Facilities Maintenance Technician - Manufacturing Job Title Facilities Maintenance Technician - Manufacturing Job # US11284 Requisition Type Regular Function Operations State/Province Missouri City St. Louis Region US Posting Start Date Sep-15-2019 Division Information
Spectrum Brands – The Home & Garden business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St. Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices throughout the US and globe. We are a leading supplier of consumer products nationally for the home, lawn and garden, insect and weed control markets. We deliver groundbreaking products of exceptional value and top-notch quality to consumers with our well-recognized brands including Spectracide®, Hot Shot®, Cutter®, Repel®, Black Flag®, Garden Safe®, EcoLogic® and Liquid Fence®.
NOTE: This is primarily a 1st shift position, Monday - Friday. The ability to work additional days/hours and some on-call hours due to seasonality, projects, vacation coverage etc. is required.
Responsible for multiple tasks including basic facility maintenance (building, office, HVAC, dock doors, dock levelers and dock shelters) across the campus. Assist with troubleshooting and repair of production equipment (repair and/or fabrication of machine parts).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Education and Experience Profile
- Assist with campus-wide maintenance of facilities
- Install and repair Dock Levelers and Dock Plates
- Install and repair Dock Shelters
- Fabricate sheet metal guards, guard rails and safety bollards
- Weld/repair production machine parts
- Diagnose and repair HVAC units
- Repair/install mechanical piping
- Apply lean principles and processes to maintenance activities performed
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree in Mechanical Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5 years relevant mechanical technician experience in manufacturing and fabricating
- Experience in consumer packaged goods and lean manufacturing preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability for shop fabricating standard and specialty equipment components (shafts, mounting plates, quick change jigs, OEM parts, etc.)
- Capable to interpret and apply OSHA codes
- Welding experience with TIG, MIG and STICK (carbon steel and stainless steel).
- Ability to be a team player and effectively collaborate and partner with different functional groups and customers
- Must be detail oriented with strong organization skills
- Demonstrated project management skills required
- Experience with computer use specifically in Word and Excel
- Must be results oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
90% Manufacturing environment & 10% Office environment
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Attention To Detail
Metal Inert Gas (Mig) Welding