As a Senior Business Banking Relationship Manager you will expand M&T Bank's commercial and business banking reach in the given market. You will build a portfolio, generate new business, manage risk and credit decisions, and service existing clients.
In this senior role, your wealth of industry and community knowledge gained through prior work experience and through strategically chosen partnerships (which may include service on local boards and in high-profile events and opportunities) will be a key to your success.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Develop new banking relationships with business prospects.
- Service existing business banking client base.
- Achieve established goals as outlined by manager.
- Work with branch partners to maximize sales efforts to business customers and cross sell other products and services that the bank offers.
- Network with centers of influence to develop business including accountants, attorneys and other referral sources.
- Manage the segment’s more complicated and important loan relationships.
- Evaluate credit information and requests and recommend appropriate loan structure to manage risk.
- Effectively negotiate with underwriters and clients to maximize revenue and minimize risk.
- Achieve sales goals with minimum expectations as follows:
- Revenue of $300M to $500M.
- Loan production of $7.5MM to $12MM.
- Deposit balance production of $750M to $2.5MM.
- Manage loan portfolio of $15MM to $40MM.
- Oversee approximately 30 to 65 relationship managed clients.
- Actively participate in all business banking and retail sales sprints.
- Achieve call targets and other product sales goals such cash management, visa merchant, and others as assigned.
- Participate in civic and cultural organizations and programs.
- Utilize prescribed selling techniques to maximize sales opportunities.
Ability to sell effectively to prospects and clients. Manage and retain existing clients.
Work closely with internal contacts to service clients. Works under moderate supervision.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
May or may not have supervisory or mentoring responsibilities.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of relevant work experience
5 plus years experience.
Knowledge of personal computers and the software utilized by the department
Ability to read and analyze financial statements and tax returns.
Strong credit skills necessary to evaluate loan requests.
Good understanding of Cash Management, Merchant Service, Trade Services products offered to Business Banking customers and ability to identify sales opportunities for those product sets.
Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required.
May cover some or all of these counties Middlesex, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean Counties in New Jersey
Iselin, New Jersey, United States of America