Accounting Now has partnered with a distribution company in Carrollton in need of an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team and serve on the front line in one of the most dynamic industries in the world: sports! You will play a key role in all duties related to processing vendor, employee, and all other incoming accounts payable invoices. At times, the Specialist may be required to open, sort and distribute the mail, scan documents into SAP, and/or perform other administrative duties, as needed.
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Duties range from processing invoices into the system, resolving discrepancies, communicating with vendors and other departments within the organization, maintaining vendor master records and performing check runs to provide timely payment to vendors.
- Invoice processing includes paper invoices, EDI and other electronic vendor invoicing.
- Vendor payments are generated via paper check, credit card, ACH and wire payments.
- This position also has responsibility for reconciling vendor statements, securing vendor credits, and keeping vendor accounts up-to-date.
- The A/P Specialist is expected to be able to perform any function within the A/P Department.
- This position will be the backup to the A/P Department Admin and will cover those Admin roles when needed.
- SAP or other large ERP system experience
Strong reconciliation skills, accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to follow policies and procedures is required.
Microsoft Outlook and intermediate Excel experience is necessary, preferably with knowledge of basic Excel formulas and V-lookup.
Good written and verbal communication skills, along the ability to calmly and positively resolve issues with vendors and employees, are critical.
Coachable team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done correctly and on time.
- 2-3 years of Accounts Payable processing experience
- Associates Degree preferred
Our AP Specialists enjoy:
- Competitive pay & benefits package
- Discounts on personal apparel and equipment
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance Packages
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
Primary working hours for this role are Monday - Friday from 8AM - 5PM.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 353265
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Accounting Now and SNI Financial, divisions of SNI Companies, are premier providers of staffing and recruitment services specializing in finance, accounting and banking. Our financial staffing solutions include:
- Contract/temporary assignments
- Contract-to-full-time hire assignments
- Full-time placement
Founded in 1998 by former Robert Half executive Ron Smith, SNI’s commitment to professionalism is unparalleled. Our personalized service, responsiveness and precision in matching qualified candidates with rewarding job opportunities distinguish us from competitors. Through our sister division, Staffing Now, we are also able to offer a full range of recruitment services for clerical and administrative positions. With revenues in excess of $100 million, our firm ranks among the top 100 U.S. staffing companies and was recently named one of the fastest growing private staffing companies in the country by Staffing Industry Analysts. Based in Des Moines, Iowa, SNI Companies has over 40 offices in the Midwest, Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast to best serve our job seekers and clients.
View the full profile