To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waterbury, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medical Case Manager Grant Funded
Waterbury Hospital • Waterbury, CT
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Waterbury Health Access Program provides individualized, healthcare navigation services to individuals identified as being unable to access or afford medical, behavioral, and/or addiction services. Duties include evaluation for and enrollment into existing state and federal insurance entitlement programs, assignment to a medical home, referral to specialist care, pharmacy assistance with medications, transportation services as well as possible enrollment into a donated care component.
Patients are identified and referred for WHAP services by community healthcare access points, community outreach workers, identified by a community outreach activity, or by direct face to face at both Waterbury Hospital and St Mary's Hospital. WHAP case managers interact and collaborate directly with all aspects of the healthcare system to include: city, state, and federal governmental programs, financial services and resources/programs available to foster one's overall sense of community. Included in the WHAP intake is a social determinant of health screening designed to address insecure food, housing and transportation with appropriate referrals initiated to Community Benefit Organizations (CBO) addressing these issues.
WHAP participates in community outreach activities to include local churches, senior centers, homeless outreach, back to school drives, and colleges to identify unmet social determinants and healthcare needs.
• Community outreach
• Provide information and referrals to services
• Provide assistance with accessing services, resources and referrals for needs such as: transportation, emergency clothes, food pantries, DTA and other governmental offices, housing and other community resources
• Determine unmet social determinants and healthcare needs
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of various community resources as well as current regulations and requirements for obtaining public benefits, housing, and other services
• Recognize when problems require support from additional resources
• Maintain accurate and current records in both paper files and electronic database. Track and update all information in the database within 48-hours of providing services
- Associate's degree required or equivalent work related experience
- Community case management experience
- Knowledge of insurance entitlement programs is helpful
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking a must
- Experience and knowledge of housing support, homelessness, mental health, substance abuse, domestic abuse, and basic benefit systems
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to access internet and other programs applicable to Waterbury Hospital procedures
- Ability to work in a business office environment which requires the accessing of information from many sources, locations and media
- Knowledge and ability to use PC, other technology and various business machines
- Strong customer service skills; ability to communicate effectively with patient/staff/visitors/others
- Requires knowledge and use of reference materials as provided in a multi-faceted environment
- Ability to exercise good judgment, time management skills, and follow appropriate procedures when setting priorities and handling stressful situations