To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Meade, MD
- Josh Biacan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Information Assurance Analyst (Secret Cleared)
ECS Federal, LLC • Fort Meade, MD
Posted 2 months ago
ECS is seeking an Information Assurance Analyst (Secret Cleared) to work in our Ft. Meade, MD office.
Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
ECS Federal is seeking Information Assurance (IA) Analysts to provide support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) on-site at Ft. Meade. Responsibilities potentially include:
- Provides the leadership, management, and supervisory IA skills identified in DoD Directive 8570.01-M. These skills and their associated duties may include the following: Intrusion: Ensures the rigorous application of IA policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all information technology (IT) and IA services.
- Leads and directs team personnel to quickly, efficiently and effectively to solve complex IA problems.
- Identifies IA requirements as part of the IT acquisition development process and assists in the formulation of IA /IT budgets.
- Plans, integrates, and schedules the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems, and software applications.
- Supervises the assessment and implementation of identified computer and network environment fixes such as system patches and fixes associated with specific technical vulnerabilities as part of the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management program.
- Guides the implementation of appropriate operational structures and processes to ensure an effective IA security program including boundary defense, incident detection and response.
- Evaluates functional operation and performance in light of test results and make recommendations regarding C&A.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of IA security procedures and safeguards.
- Evaluates security violations to determine necessary initial and long term corrective action. Assesses impact, determines probably damage and suggest methods of damage control, conducts computer forensics, and follow-on analysis to build historical and predictive capabilities for IA incidents.
- Develops IA related customer support policies, procedures, and standards.
- Designs perimeter defense systems including intrusion detection systems, firewalls, grid sensors, etc., enhances rule sets to detect or block sources of malicious traffic, and establishes a protective net of layered defenses to prevent, detect, and eradicate threats.
- Ensures that protection and detection capabilities are acquired or developed using the IS security engineering approach and are consistent with DoD Component level IA architecture.
- Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of IA certification and accreditation documentation.
- Analyzes, develops, evaluates, and integrates IA policies.
- Assists in the gathering and preservation of evidence used in the prosecution of computer crimes.
- Identifies the IT security program implications of new technologies or technology upgrades.
- Conducts IA cost benefit, economic and risk analysis in the IT acquisition decision making process.
- Interprets security requirements relative to the capabilities of new information technologies.
- Interprets patterns of non-compliance to determine their impacts on levels of risk and/or overall effectiveness of IA programs.
- Analyzes identified security strategies and recommends the best approaches and/or practices.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of IA security procedures and safeguards to ensure they provide the intended level of protection.
- DoD Active Secret clearance
- DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification, IAM Level I or IAT Level II
- DoD RMF, System Security Planning, and Vulnerability Management background related to IT Security
- Experience with FISMA, NIST, OMB guidelines, and other Federal regulations and guidance.
- Familiarity with ITIL/IT Service Management and Change Management processes
- Ability to work in MS Office/SharePoint environment
- Knowledge of information security principles, concepts, practices, systems software, database software, and immediate access storage technology
- Expert in all functional and technical requirements associated with IAT position requirements as specified in DoD Directive 8570.01-M.
- Experience working at the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- Working knowledge of and/or familiarity with the DISA Gateway Computer Network Defense (CND) mission and its critical components (Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), Filter List Manager (FLM), Web Content Filtering (WCF), Enterprise E-mail Security Gateway (EEMSG), and Gateway Lab systems.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.