Funimation is looking for a VP, Head of People Operations to join our senior management team. This highly-visible role will serve as the top-level leadership in building-out an HR business partnership and HR practice across our global footprint. Our objective is simple: attract, develop and retain extraordinary people. To achieve this, the VP, People Operations will oversee the hiring and buildout of a global team to meet, and exceed, this objective while furthering Funimation’s mission and values of inclusion, innovation, and excellence. We’re looking for a leader, not compliance and risk-mitigation. The ideal candidate is deeply familiar with a ground-up build of a technology organization—everything from policy to benefits, recruiting & hiring, learning & development, and much more. The ideal candidate has significant prior experience in combinations of environments ranging from startup, to growth stage, to multi-billion dollar enterprises. At Funimation, everyone is a “doer.” The VP, People Operations must be someone willing and able to directly engage in tactical execution while simultaneously leading teams to their goals. This is not a laid-back executive job, it is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join an A-level management team running a hyper-growth business, and build the ultimate culture of excellence. In other words, this is the role to make your mark.
Above all, the VP, People Operations must be genuinely passionate about helping people be their best, and supporting a winning business in partnership with senior management. This role will report directly to Funimation’s GM and join it’s senior management team.
Building the organization that will win: this role will oversee the design, hiring, and ongoing management of the People Operations team:Human Resources / HR
- Facilities & Environment
- Fostering connection and engagement for our unique culture: Amplify our core values and build employee connections; keeping our people informed, engaged, and inspired while constantly looking for opportunities to improve
- Spearheading talent acquisition: strategies, processes, and pure drive to insure hiring of top talent aligned with our values
- Managing our approach to compensation & benefits: Creating a complete compensation and leveling framework while managing the transition from existing benefits, retention and reward strategies. Insuring that our benefits are competitive and well-suited to each regions’ unique needs
- Making the environment great: this role will oversee facilities, optimizing our workplaces to ensure alignment with our people objectives and making Funimation the best place to work in the world
- Establishing our learning & development practices: creating continual investments in personal and professional growth that drive people to new heights
- Establishing a performance management methodology and process that reflects and reinforces our values
- Prioritizing diversity & inclusion in every aspect of our business: strategies, tactics and approaches to drive responsibility, equality, diversity and inclusion initiatives
- People Analytics: Own and drive a metrics-based framework to understand trends, challenges, and opportunities within the organization, and translate those insights into actionable measures, tied to key performance indicators.
- Operational Excellence: Develop best-practice operational mindset and processes both within the People Operations team and in its interactions with other teams across the organization.
- HR Systems & Metrics: Design HR frameworks and systems that meet the needs of a rapidly changing and growing company.
- Strategic Planning: Work closely with senior executives and Finance on strategic planning as it relates to people (e.g., changes to compensation, workforce management, headcount planning, etc.) and drive implementation of plans throughout the year.
- Team Leadership: Coach, mentor, and develop individuals on the People Operations team, and continue to elevate the organization to perform at a world-class level.
- Senior Corporate Leadership: Be a visible member of the executive team and a trusted advisor to divisional and operational leaders at all levels in the company as we build, align, energize, and retain our high performing organizations.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in a leadership/managerial capacity with a significant focus on People Operations.
- Demonstrated leadership, strong personal presence, demonstrates initiative, is results-oriented, and acts with a sense of urgency
- Excellent knowledge of culture, HR best practices and industry standards
- Experience establishing relationships as a trusted advisor to executive team members and a safe space for team needs
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Lifelong learner, seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- Strong communication skills: You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others.
- Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a project go well. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it.
- Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.