To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Westminster, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC, • Westminster, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Knorr Brake Company is the innovative leader in the manufacture and supply of braking systems, passenger doors and climate-control equipment for all types of Mass Transit customers such as: METRO, Light Rail Vehicles, High-Speed Trains, Commuter Rail and Monorail Vehicles for the North America market. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! KBC Careers
This position provides coordination of internal and external activities in support of the Project Manager on specific OEM projects. This includes coordination of customer purchase orders, schedule, deliveries, contract data and documentation deliverables, warranty support including returned customer material (RMA’s), schedule and other activities related to supporting the customer.
The project coordinator can directly take over the administration of minor projects classified as ‘P’ projects (Product business), which do not require any design or development work and are generally involving the supply of existing standard components worth total contract sales value lower than $1000,000.
NOTE: Follow-up options to major projects and contracts with sales values superior to $1,000,000.-, even if classified as C or D projects due to the lack of technical risk, must still be led by a Project Manager.
Assist Project Manager in the initial setup and planning for new projects – Project Deliverables Tracker, eActions, delivery schedule, etc.
Manage internal and external activities required to support the submittal of drawings/documents and CDRLs during the life of the project, including maintenance of the eActions and Project Deliverables databases.
Responsible for communication with the customer relating to deliverable documentation, invoicing, RMAs, and Accounts Receivable.
Manage internal and external activities required to support the RMA process.
Assist in the planning and preparation of Project Reviews and project team meetings
Support in the planning and conducting of customer meetings – design reviews and FAIs.
Support the Project close out efforts in preparation for handoff to Aftermarket.
Coordinate ‘P’ projects to ensure the customer PO is acknowledged and the sales logistics is informed to input the demand planning to SAP.
Coordinate the ordering of contract spares and RMA pricing for specific projects
General administrative duties (ordering office supplies, generation of department metrics, general letter writing).
Must be able to follow instructions, safety & environmental rules and regulations.Required Skills
Some High School (years)
High School Diploma
4 year or eq.
- Business Experience: Education or experience of business procedures and practices. Experience in invoicing, receivables, and financial operation of a business beneficial.
- Technical or Specialized Knowledge: Experience with order entry systems is beneficial. Experience with spreadsheet Projects is a requirement.
- Computer Literacy: Must be knowledgeable of MS Office (Excel, MS Word, Power Point, Outlook). Familiarity with MS Project beneficial.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment both internally and with customers.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting abilities.
- Must have a strong desire to succeed with high expectations, both of others and themselves.
- Must work as a team member with others in the company to meet the company’s objectives.
- Must be energetic, hard working and willing to put in extra effort when required.
- Must be willing to accept varied tasks and multiple priorities and process them in a timely manner.
- Must promote team atmosphere through interactions with others.
- Must be a self starter and work well unsupervised.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication, both oral and written, is critical to coordinate activities throughout the company and with the customer.
- Flexibility: Some travel required for face-to-face interaction with customers.
- Writing Skills: Must be able to write clear letters/documents to internal and external customers.
- Time Management: Manage multiple and conflicting priorities
What does Knorr Brake Company have to offer you?
- Competitive Health Benefits- Medical, RX, Dental, Vision, Teladoc online doctor
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, STD and LTD
- Health FSA
- 401k w/ Fidelity- 50% company match on up to 6% of employee deferred compensation, 3% company safe-harbor contribution, eligible up to 3% profit sharing contribution- eligible for max 9% company contribution per year
- Educational Assistance
- Free corporate passes to Baltimore Zoo, Aquarium and Science Center
- Free gym memberships
- Additional discounts- cell phone carriers, BJs wholesale club, YMCA, bank partnerships, etc.
- Volunteer Time Off (16hrs)
- 2 weeks of vacation time, 1 week sick/admin leave, 12 company paid holidays (includes full week between Christmas and New Year’s)
- Monthly company employee welfare events and corporate outreach (Crab Feast, Take Your Daughters and Sons to Work Day, Chili Cook-Off, etc.)
- Summer Hours – 9 hour Mon-Thur / 4 hour Fri work week