Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
Review and analyze the income statement to ensure accuracy and comparability. Perform account reconciliations and analysis to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the balance sheet. Provide accounting expertise to various internal departments.
- Prepare journal entries in accordance with company and accounting policies and established deadlines
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations with outstanding items researched and appropriate action taken in a timely manner. This includes assisting with tracking and reconciliation of intercompany transactions.
- Record treasury transactions, including review of significant or unusual items with the Treasury group or other members of the Accounting team
- Provide support to the Treasury team for debt compliance deliverables
- Review and analyze financial statements for accuracy and comparability and provide written explanations for material variance
- Communicate identified issues to manager and other management personnel in a timely manner
- Assist with the internal and external audits as requested
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives, documenting procedures and making recommendations where necessary to ensure compliance with global corporate accounting policies and accounting standards
- Become the subject matter expert in assigned areas and build relationships with departments outside of Accounting to ensure accuracy and drive process improvements
- Participate in ongoing SOX-related projects to improve existing controls and procedures, along with related documentation
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree from fully accredited four year institution required
- CPA or CPA seeking preferred
- 0 - 3 years accounting experience
- A high degree of competency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience using ERP software (such as SAP, Lawson or Oracle)
- Blackline experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Financial Statements
- Standard Accounting Practices