To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clinton, NY 13323
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lincare • Clinton, NY
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Pharmacist compounds and dispenses prescribed medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the following duties (other tasks may be assigned):
- Develops and maintains policies in line with current legal and regulatory guidelines
- Maintains the pharmacy operation to meet all necessary licensing requirements
- Develops and maintains various pharmacy programs to assist physicians in providing optimal service in the selection, procurement, distribution, storage, and safe use of medications
- Provides teaching and training for patients to explain medication therapy, side effects, etc.
- Provide leadership and guidance to technicians and other staff members in the performance of their responsibilities
- Weighs, measures, mixes, and dispenses medication following regulatory standards and prescription orders
- Evaluates prescriptions for medication, checking clarity, route of administration, purpose of use, dosage, schedule, and compatibility with other order drugs and test
- Consults directly with physicians on all orders requiring clarification and discussion
- Procures and maintains adequate level of pharmaceuticals
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current trends, developments in treatment through the regular review of related materials, continuing education, professional affiliations, etc.
- Prepares various reports for management as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE -
- Graduate Pharmacist from an Accredited College
- 2-4 years experience as a Pharmacist in a hospital or home care environment
- Requires analytical skills to detect drug incompatibilities, provide guidance to physicians, patients' families, and medical personnel concerning pharmaceutical selection, procurement, distribution, safe use, and storage
- Must be computer literate
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, to relate to staff, physicians, patients, and families as needed
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of procedures and regulations related to the preparation and dispensing, safe use, and storage of pharmaceuticals
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS -
- Pharmacy license in the state employed
Lincare is an equal opportunity employer, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lincare provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because Lincare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/Disabled/Veterans