Spartan Tool LLC is one of North America's leading manufacturers of electro-mechanical and high-pressure water jet drain cleaning equipment. Since 1943, Spartan has been leading the way in sewer and drain cleaning. We are dedicated to helping our customer work quickly, efficiently and safely. This focus comes through in everything we do, from the equipment we make, to the training we offer so customers can get the most out of our machines. Spartan’s customer base is the end user in a variety of industries including institutional, commercial, government, municipalities, military and many more.
The Human Resources Manager will serve as a key business partner to the leadership team in executing talent strategy, managing policies/procedures, and ensuring compliance. This position also facilitates the development of culture and key capabilities for the organization, and is responsible for securing and maintaining a productive, diverse, and engaged workforce comprised of the best talent. This highly visible role provides a broad range of HR support to leadership functions and effectively maintains the integrity and quality of HR programs; ensuring consistency throughout the organization. Provides tactical support in the areas of employee relations and development, performance management, succession planning, engagement and retention strategies.
- Partner with the leadership team and functional managers to ensure proper workforce planning as well as role and responsibility alignment
- Collaborate with Platform HR Director and Corporate HR Team to develop and execute creative recruitment and pipeline building strategies to attract solid talent and People Leaders; primarily source candidates through internal ATS, company social media sites and other company sponsored tools
- Manage full cycle recruiting responsibilities such as maintaining job descriptions and FLSA classifications, delivering pre-hire skills testing, tracking key talent acquisition metrics, and conducting productive exit interviews
- Develop, facilitate, and improve the new employee onboarding and integration process
- Strategically support the learning and development efforts identified to build and support the growth of top talent within the organization
- Serve as a primary compliance partner and consultant to leaders regarding employee relations
- Partner with managers and leaders on leadership improvement and initiatives
- Refer to the collective bargaining agreement to navigate employment matters
- Assist in the response to internal Ethics Helpline investigations as an advisor and investigator
- Partner with Heico Legal on training to ensure Company compliance
- Administer and improve Company performance appraisal program
- Drive strategies to develop bench-strength and succession plans
- Partner with leaders on all corrective action, PIPs and goal setting
- Serve as a consultative partner both to employees and leadership regarding all employee rewards
- Administers employee leave programs
- Partner with Platform/Corporate HR to provide functional oversight of compensation program
- Monitors the compensation component of the selection process, ensuring uniformity of compensation protocols in selection, promotion, and transfer
- Collaborate with Platform/Corporate EHS on workers compensation, health and wellness initiatives
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in human resources management, or related studies
- HR certification preferred
- 7-10 years of progressive human resources experience including 3 years in an HR leadership role
- Manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Strong business acumen to identify solutions for business problems
- The ability and willingness to provide practical business solutions when required, exercising tact and diplomacy while providing supporting facts and data
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to build influential relationships at all levels within the organization
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to consolidate data into concise, executive-ready presentations and reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional action and customer service orientation with the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities in a fast paced, dynamic business environment
- Solid knowledge of employment law, regulations and statutes
- Demonstrated problem solving and consulting skills as well as project management abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Travel required 10%-15%
Key Leadership Competencies
Commitment to EHS – The HR Manager must continually demonstrate an unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of health and safety for the workforce and be a leader in ensuring the company maintains its high levels of environmental performance.
Unquestionable Integrity - Demonstrates the highest degree of integrity when engaging with employees, vendors and stakeholders. Leads ethically by example and fosters a culture firmly grounded in the values of the organization.
Strategic and Agile Thinking - Strong strategic capabilities and overall business acumen. Financially savvy and creative mindset with the ability to identify and mobilize around new opportunities very quickly.
Collaborative Style – Engages in problem solving and decision making. Is adept at bringing people together to tackle issues rather than dictate solutions. Has a collegial, inclusive working style and is professional and courteous. Builds strong relationships both internally and externally. Is both confident and humble.
Communication Skills - Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels. Excellent listening skills.
Leadership Capability - Has the leadership acumen and credibility to work across the entire organization and develop talent. Should be hands-on, but able to delegate appropriately with the ability to motivate, inspire and commit an organization to a course of action and achieve results.
Executive Presence – Has the poise and confidence to interact with senior customer executives and the community, as well as the Heico and Pettibone LLC Executive Leadership Team.
- Active Listening
- Agile Methodology
- Collective Bargaining
- Commercial Awareness